Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,:wavey
I've been trolling these threads for a few years now and I've found alot of helpfull info regarding the many mods I've done over that time.This is probably the first time I had to start my own thread to request help or advise,I appologise if this has been covered before.

I have a 2005 V6 and installed the CDC shaker this past December.I had to trim the shroud to work with my jlt cold air intake.

I am purchasing the Vortec std V6 supercharger in the next couple of days.I beleive that the shaker shroud will have to be trimmed again for fitment with the supercharger.Is there anyone here with both the CDC shaker and Vortec supercharger that may have pictures to show the look of the 2 together that can give me a good idea where to start as far trimming the shaker to fit.

I don't want to do a hack job on the shaker.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Classic Design Concepts has one on there site. It is a gt with a vortech...looks real nice, i have seen the car a few times up colse.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, That really helps .
Is that door weatherstrip you have on the shaker?

I've decided to go with the vortec intercooled kit instead.
I currently have an sct tuner with a jlt cold air intake .I have 3.73 gears installed .Can the diablo tuner that comes with the kit account for the 3.73 gears.The dealer I'm buying the package from tells me it cannot.He says vortec locks that feature out of the tuner so the user doesn't mess anything up .Can anyone verify this?I have nowhere local to go for a custom tune on either machine. The system needs to work out of the box and be compatible with my gear ratio..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I received my supercharger this weekend and installed myself.It goes without saying I'm very pleased with the results.It's a completely different car.Installation went pretty smooth with the exception of a missing 90 degree fitting for the cooler.Had to go to the local hardware store for temperary fitting until vortech sends me another fitting.I also find that the water pump for the cooler is awfully low,espesially since the car is lowered.I'll have to get another look at it this weekend to see if it can be raised or not.

Thanks for the help on the shaker as well ,I trimmed it to fit and mounted it .all I need now is some door edge molding for the cut edge.Here are some pics of the job.What do you think?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.