Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. My 05 V6 has been having a rogue issue of going into fail safe mode on a very occasional basis for the last year, but would not throw any codes. However, it is now going into fail safe mode on a daily basis and throwing these 2 codes:

P2104- TAC system forced idle
P2112-TAC system stuck closed

I replaced the TPS last week, but to no avail, it seems to be just as bad. I then went on to replace the throttle body motor. I also bench cleaned the throttle body very well at the same time. it continues to give me a wrench and check engine light. I have read the codes over and over which are reading the same. Any help out there?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Most likely your mass air flow (MAF) sensor.

If it's not your MAF sensor, you most likely have a failed PCM.

Also, make sure that you winded the spring in the throttle correctly. if it is no wound up tight and securely set in place, you can definitely have throttle issues even after a TPS sensor replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@ http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/member47169-2005_v6_mustang

Thank you for your help. I checked the spring when I replaced the throttle body motor, and all seems right. I even followed the directions. Haha. I will re-check it today. 2 questions, though?

1. If the MAF Sensor is bad, wouldn't it give me a MAF code?
2. Where would I find a PCM, and do you know what I'd be looking at as far as price?

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts