Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new here..maybe you guys can help..i noticed my car lacking power and idling a little rough thought maybe i needed an oil change..couple days later the check engine light came on and the car started to rough really bad and seemed to want to stall..MAJOR power loss noticed..scanned it myself and got codes p0304 and p0300 which means cylinder 4 misfire and random misfires..bought new bosch fusion spark plugs, bosch wireset from autozone and whole coil pack from the dealer..installed everything and gave it an oil change as well..reset the light and turned the car on..same thing, rough idle, seemed to stall, and major power loss, this time i noticed a clicking noise coming from cylinder 4...drove it about 30 miles and the light came on again..this time only cylinder 4...i checked all the hoses and wires for a leak but nothing!.PLEASE help im going nuts cuz i cant fix it :frustrated:

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Welcome, number 4 is the problem child. check spark, make sure its in straight check gap.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
welcome to the forums. theres alot of things that could cause that. allthough kinda rare, its posable your rocker arm might have come loose or is wore for some reason. ive seen them jump off a valve stem. also it could be the lash adjusters can become clogged or varnished and not moving corectly. they have a plunger that can get clogged. they are kinda like the old lifters with a built in pushrod. you`ll have to pull the valve cover to check it out.the rocker should not be real loose. i would check it with a compression guage first. i would have thought plugs,wires or coil to begin with, but youve kinda ruled those out. i would still check to see that you have good spark there. there is a online motor manual above the posts in the sticky section to look at, but you might want to let a good mechanic check it out. could also be a bad valve or fuel injector. double check the spark plug is tight, and the wire is on good. there are bad new coils too.

·
Registered
883 Posts
What did the old plug look like? Does the car have any mods?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same problem here. Misfire on cyl#4.
Happens when cold starts and I turn on the aircon immediately after starting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts