Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to put a dual exhaust on my pony but i dont know which one would give me the most horses and still make it sound like a "you better not mess with me" kind of car. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
If you're going true dual, it wont really matter WHAT you go with, the results will be the same.

The 4.0l v6 mustang sees gains from 10-15rwhp from just an aftermarket muffler in the single exhaust configuration. Changing out to duals honestly wont give you much more hp (1-2 at the most) if any at all. Just something to think about.

But to answer your question, i'd go with a Pypes H-pipe, midpipe, overaxle pipe system with dual Flowmaster American Thunder mufflers (the mustang GT Flowmaster A/T kit) :gringreen

·
Registered
751 Posts
I was considering puting duals but decided not to. Aside from a better look and slightly better sound, I didn't see a reason to warrant spending hundreds more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Someone smacked me in the rear of my 2005. I got $700 from the their insurance company. I bought a GT takeoff rear bumper with takeoff GT mufflers. I found a stainless steel Y pipe conversion kit. Did the whole thing myself with $150 left over. Looks great, sounds great. The GT rear end is way sexyer!

·
Registered
197 Posts
i agree. i bought the gt rear bumper as well, and IMO it definately gives it a distinct look, especially on a v6 (since we have the pony badge on our trunk instead of a gt badge) =D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.