Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the Eiback pro-kit plus last weekend. Kit drove great the first three days. There's more noise entering the car in terms of thuds going over bumps because of the stiffer springs. But that was expected and reasonable.

However, yesterday, after about 250 miles, there's now a knocking noise when going over bumps. We jacked the car up and checked all the bolts, which were all fine. My friend helped install the system and he thinks it's the front strut mounts.

Is there anything else it could be or that I should check?

The place I got the setup has QA1 caster/camber plates for $185 and MM plates for $325. I'm new to caster/camber plates so I'm not sure the difference other than $140.

As an alternative I could get Ford Racing GT500 style strut mounts for $110 and, if needed, get camber bolts.

Thoughts?

Edit: It's a 2005 v6 Manual with 88,000 miles, bone stock other than the new pro-system-plus.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
175 Posts
I lowered mine 1.5" about a month ago and over bump it like to knock A didn't do that before. I also installed the camber bolts and a bump steer kit. And before there were no knocks like this. So I'll be interested to see what people have to say.

Mines a 07 v6 auto with pony package

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night I installed new GT500 strut mounts and noticed the sway bar links weren't quite at 85 lb-ft and they did move ever so slightly on me if I tugged really hard on them. So I tightened them down with a torque wrench to the correct 85 lbs. The car is now silent, except the standard mustang dash rattles...

Collin, I'd make sure you have everything torqued properly. Use a good torque wrench and see where you're at. The 85 lbs on the sway bar end links is REALLY tight, especially given the space in which you're working. Also, not sure how many miles yours has, (mine is at 88,000) but the strut mounts were basically shot on my car which could have been adding to the noise.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Last night I installed new GT500 strut mounts and noticed the sway bar links weren't quite at 85 lb-ft and they did move ever so slightly on me if I tugged really hard on them. So I tightened them down with a torque wrench to the correct 85 lbs. The car is now silent, except the standard mustang dash rattles...

Collin, I'd make sure you have everything torqued properly. Use a good torque wrench and see where you're at. The 85 lbs on the sway bar end links is REALLY tight, especially given the space in which you're working. Also, not sure how many miles yours has, (mine is at 88,000) but the strut mounts were basically shot on my car which could have been adding to the noise.
Thanks for the advice man, I'll def take a look under there and tighten everything down and see if that helps. And the Gt500 strut mounts helped also?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts