Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if putting a H-Pipe on a 2005 v6 mustang and two original 40 series flowmasters would make it sound alot better. Right now it is true duel exhaust with no x or h pipe and just regular ford mufflers. I put the flowmasters on before but it was way to raspy and it sounded more like an import. Ive decided now to go to a custom exhaust shop where the owner told me ironically that flowmaster 40s are the best for a v6 to make it more like an 8. I was wondering how much of a difference installing a h pipe to the duels and putting the flowmasters back on would sound? I'm sure some of you have already have had this setup installed and if you could let me know if it sounds good. Right now I'm a little optimistic if it will sound good or not. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I am going to have done. Will it make a lot of difference in the sound?

·
Registered
128 Posts
An H-Pipe usually makes a little difference. It's probably noticeable too but it would be hard to listen for the difference. I have the dual A/T's with no H-Pipe and it sounds great...I bet an H would make it sound a bit better...so.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i c.....the american thunders are just 40 series but made to be a axleback system correct?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get a MAC Performance Pro Chamber welded after the cats. run straight over the axle and do a dual 40 series setup. Flowmaster mufflers give a lot of drone on highway though. Exhaust sounds nice, but sometimes the drone gets on my nerves.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i got the true dual h pipe flowmaster combo on my v6. it definately makes a difference. it does have drone, but in my opinion it sounds like a v8. heres a link to hear it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the vid. Doesnt sound to bad at all. Is your H pipe a custom one? Are they 40 Originals or Delta flows? And how bad is your drone. I know when I had them on before it made really annoying drone sound around 4500 RPMs. It drove me nuts. Im hoping the H pipe will fix that some.

·
Registered
197 Posts
my h pipe was custom built at a local muffler shop. i believe theyre the 40 series flowmasters. as for the drone, the only time i really notice is is usually bewteen 2k- 2.5k rpm and i usually only get a lot of drone on the free way. othert than tht they sound beastly

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welp I got my exhaust put on today. Before they welded the mufflers to the exhaust they let me hear how each sounded. Believe it or not the cheaper non name brand muffler called VR racing muffler sounded better then the flowmaster. I had two of those installed and now my car sounds great. Shows that name brand may not always be the way to go. Cheaper too! Thanks for the ideas though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.