Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im new to this and recently ive noticed that im losing alot of antifreeze and i constantly have to fill it up. i work with a mechanic and he said i just need to buy a new water pump but i should get a high performance one so that it can handle the higher revs, but ive been searching for hours and cant find a high performance water pump for a 2005 v6... any help or advise would be greatly appreciated:worship

·
Registered
777 Posts
I haven't seen one labeled as a "high performance" water pump - just the stock one.

And I haven't had any problems with mine and it sees a lot of WOT passes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya idk i tuned mine with the diablo sports tuner and it revs alot higher than stock does so that might be what got me into troubel

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well mine is supercharged and the limiter is set up to 6,300 rpm as I recall - and with drag racing it I see it go up to the limit frequently. I doubt that you are doing any damage to your pump by going higher than stock on the limiter; too many of us have modded our cars and bumped it up and you don't see a lot of water pump failures. Mine didn't fail until I had 164,000 miles oni t

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright well i guess il just find a stock replacement water pump somehwere. thanks for the help :shiny:

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Well mine is supercharged and the limiter is set up to 6,300 rpm as I recall - and with drag racing it I see it go up to the limit frequently. I doubt that you are doing any damage to your pump by going higher than stock on the limiter; too many of us have modded our cars and bumped it up and you don't see a lot of water pump failures. Mine didn't fail until I had 164,000 miles oni t
ya, i have to agree. ive run mine hard and i`m at 100,000 and no probs yet. 164 is pretty darn good i think. in the last few years, ive only seen a couple that have failed at less than 100k. like any parts, its luck of the draw. my frt wheel bearings on one side went out kinda early on, it happens. i dont think there is much that could be upgraded with a water pump, i think they are pretty decent, unlike the plastic thermostat housings :eek:hknow

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
looking around yesterday i saw they do make a high output waterpump for the v8`s, but didnt see one for the v6. maybe thats what that guy was talking about.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
are you certain its the pump and not the t stt housing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts