Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
This thread is getting plenty weird, but just to point out a fact:

Pulling the heads on these cars is NOT a simple job. One cam is driven from the front of the engine, and one from the rear and a special tool is needed to position the cams properly.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This thread is getting plenty weird, but just to point out a fact:

Pulling the heads on these cars is NOT a simple job. One cam is driven from the front of the engine, and one from the rear and a special tool is needed to position the cams properly.

well ill have to do it anyways.

obama has this.

teh service lady said since i have not use motorcraft fluids and filters, even though i change it often, and not with shell oil, i use quality stuff. and have it documented... because of pressure from obama and new laws they can not honor my 100,000 mile warrenty

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
run a compression check on it, after you heal enough to get out there. they also recomend removing the engine from the car to remove the heads.( unless you have all the special tools and a expert skill level)

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
run a compression check on it, after you heal enough to get out there. they also recomend removing the engine from the car to remove the heads.( unless you have all the special tools and a expert skill level)

ehh engine is staying in and im getting them out

atleast thats my dream lol

seriously i have more mainence records than the thread of the show down has views lol.

well maybe not that much. but seriously... come on ford. tell me its not true. not obama motors chapter 3

i dunno

ima get her fixed at ford

ill be damned if ima back down

i know this much... i was right about them ford trucks. i fear it may be with their cars too lol

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
I would ask them to show you where it say's you have to use Ford products to honor the warranty.

By the way, Ford didn't get bailed out. GM and Chrysler did. :so

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I would ask them to show you where it say's you have to use Ford products to honor the warranty.

By the way, Ford didn't get bailed out. GM and Chrysler did. :so

i know right... so why does it matter? as long as i used tight type and weight. and did it often.

ima flash to stock with 373s tune ( cause they can tell its flashed just not what to,) put stock airbox and shifter back in just incase.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
i know right... so why does it matter? as long as i used tight type and weight. and did it often.

ima flash to stock with 373s tune ( cause they can tell its flashed just not what to,) put stock airbox and shifter back in just incase.
Take the battery cable off after you reflash for about half an hour, then there will be no flash history.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Take the battery cable off after you reflash for about half an hour, then there will be no flash history.

nifty!

will try that one out

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i went to another dealer today. got it straightened out

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
dont leave us hangin, whats the verdict there? is it running? fixed? i think you ran into a crappy service advisor at that first place. :so

no i met a hot one!

they are going to look at it july 9th. so ima miss 4 car shows.

i sent her an email saying how much i enjoyed a friendly face unlike the other 3 dealers, and how it was great to talk with a beautiful woman about cars.

haha

verdict is, broke somehting in the drivers side valve area i belive, and ima let ford look at it and hopefully fix it for the $100 deductable

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
...never heard of ford not honoring a warranty due to oil brand and filter brand. thats messed up. i use penzoil also...and k&n oil filters. i have a 100000mi warranty too...i hate when i get the slightest idea that i may have to take it in for repairs...so far iv fixed everything myself luckily. hope u get it fixed quick

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
...never heard of ford not honoring a warranty due to oil brand and filter brand. thats messed up. i use penzoil also...and k&n oil filters. i have a 100000mi warranty too...i hate when i get the slightest idea that i may have to take it in for repairs...so far iv fixed everything myself luckily. hope u get it fixed quick

if it wasent so expensiove for a new set of what ever, i totally would do it.

but it being under warrenty i know as soon as i tore in to it id snap a head bolt off or something

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.