Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the magnaflow single exit cat back exhaust on my 05 Mustang. Sounds incredible. The problme I have it that the tip is too close to the rear bumper and started to melt the plastic. I tried to adust it but its still too close. Aren't these exhausts ment to fit out of the box?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
SDSMUSTANG said:
I just installed the magnaflow single exit cat back exhaust on my 05 Mustang. Sounds incredible. The problme I have it that the tip is too close to the rear bumper and started to melt the plastic. I tried to adust it but its still too close. Aren't these exhausts ment to fit out of the box?
hmmmm.... mine fit perfectly with a good amount of clearance all around...

I wonder if one of your pipes further up stream is out of whack... I seen this problem on a GT the other day... they loosened a pipe up further back and bingo, the after market muffler lined right up... Could be the pipe isn't sitting right on the Y pipe?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Sometimes you have to play with the clamps, pipes, and hangers a bit to get the exhaust to line up perfectley. You'll just have to take some time and do some trial and error.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.