Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has an 05 v6. I want to buy her new speakers. To my knowledge the front speakers in the doors are "blown" and i want to replace them for her. I don't know a thing about car speakers or whats needed for her car.

I think this is what she has now
Pioneer - 6" x 8" 3-Way Car Speakers (Pair) - TS-A6872R
Im pretty sure they are the 6 X 8's. Also when her brother was in the car he said its her mids that need replaced... tweeter im thinking? I dont know the set up. Can I just replace the tweeter or the whole thing?

What do I need to buy. I want to know things to ask for when I go shoping for them so I buy ones that will fit.

Also where abouts can I go buy them convieniently ? I have a friend at a bestbuy who works installing.

Also price. I have $350 towards the speakers and installation for her. What I want my money to go towards is a better speaker so she doesnt ruin them so quickly.

·
Registered
556 Posts
buy infinity speakers all around then buy two new tweeters and you should be good

·
Registered
414 Posts
I respectfully disagree with the Infinity recommendation. They have harsh highs, a dirty midrange, and no bottom end to them.

Don't get me wrong, my Infinity Kappas were decent when I had them off of head unit power. When I purchased my vehicle used, the right front mid was blown and the left front tweeter was gone too. As soon as I put 100 watts RMS to them, I realized that I made the WRONG choice in speaker.

Sadly your easy drop in choices will either be a 6x8 driver or a set of 6.5" coaxial or component speakers that comes with the 6.5 to 6x8 adapter plate. If you go with components, you will need to find a place to mount the tweeter. Truthfully, I would recommend a 6.5" speaker over a 6x8.

·
Registered
556 Posts
well so much for the infinity speakers but what about the Mach 1000 audio system do you know anything about that one, and i to have a blown right front mid and a blown or what i think is blown left front tweeter, so what should i do because i dont want to get all new speakers and tweeters, and about the tweeter i had to take it off one day to put my door panel back on and dont know if the tweeter go hooked back up right could that be the problem, because when i listen to songs it vibrates but if i put pressure on it in the middle with my hand the vibrating goes away but it still sounds fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright so what ive gathered from you guys is that its deffinately my right front mid thats blown. as for the left side im not sure. Also it seems like i should replace the each speaker not just the mid, and to do that I should go with 6.5. I will need to get a mounting plate to go from the 6x8 to the 6.5 or i may just find a 6x8

Are these mounting plates common? would most places that install speakers already have a couple of these lying around?

Where should I go about purchasing speakers?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Alpine and Pioneer include the 5x7/6x8 adapter with some of their component and coaxial sets. If you plan to have a professional install your speakers, they generally will be able to make recommendations and should have everything necessary to either go with the stock size or go with a 6.5.

Just a word of caution... Those speakers that sound beautiful on the sound board don't always sound so great once installed in the car. The bad thing about the 2005 and up mustangs is that us owners encounter a lot of reflective surfaces due to Ford's brilliant engineering regarding placement of the factory speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.