Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 2 attempts from a.m. at the one bar on sale, that wont fit, a.m. changed the add to read gt`s only. so i guess the V6 sits a little higher. so i went with the shelby strut bar. fit great, about 1/4" clearance over the plenum. when i installed the rear sway and gt shocks, i was impressed how it handled. then i added the gt frt sway ( much thicker than the v6 bar) and the gt struts and it got even better. after reading some comments i had to find out. let me tell you, the strut bar did to the frt what the sway did to the rear. i didnt get 10` from my driveway and i could feel the difference. the frt end is very tight and the steering is way more responsive. i tore it up on the way to work with about 10 miles of super curvy country road, and it is awesome. it shoots into the curves with no frt end lean and the steering is very tight. driving easy on the way home, super nice, and i could feel the difference at all speeds and on the highway too. that bar does way more than just for looks. not sure if all the bars are equal, but the shelby bar i can say is great. it has a full plate over the strut towers, which i didnt really like but i was able to cut my covers to go over the strut bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
hmm after hearing this i wanna hear more reviews. im wondering if its this specific strut brace, or if any strut brace will give the same results

·
Registered
173 Posts
look awesome! is it going to be in the way when your xcharger finally arrives?:shigrin

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look awesome! is it going to be in the way when your xcharger finally arrives?:shigrin
thanks, i`m thinking it will mr. ed. but i really have no idea. thats a ways off yet for this old guy. but if that day does come, i`ll have to figure something out cause that brace sure makes a big improvement. any idea if the x charger sits higher than the stock plenum? :scratchchin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.