Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 V6 mustang, and recently noticed that my third brake light (or high mounted stop light, which ever you prefer) would not illuminate when braking. I replaced the bulb, and it will still not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Which fuse in which fuse box regulates this bulb? i cannot find any fuse in the owners manual labeled stop lights, or anything even remotely similar.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
There is a wiring harness under the inside trunk panel that powers the third brake light. Make sure it has not came unplug, this is what happened to me. Also, does the light that illuminates the trunk work? If so, it is not the fuse.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
There is a wiring harness under the inside trunk panel that powers the third brake light. Make sure it has not came unplug, this is what happened to me. Also, does the light that illuminates the trunk work? If so, it is not the fuse.
i agree, its something simple. i always check ground connections with lights( after plugs, sockets like sixers007h said) check the wires where they come into the trunk for a pinched wire.if it was the fuse, there would be no break lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was indeed the harness, it had come loose. i was worried it may have been a problem with the smart junction box, seeing as i could not find a fuse anywhere in the circut when i looked at the wiring diagrams. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
good deal. more often than not, its something simple. your brake fuse is #15, 10a. fuse located behind the passenger kick panel( in the smart junction box)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Have 2006 Mustang V6- also Third Brake Light Won't Work

I Have 2006 Mustang V6- also Third Brake Light Won't Work :headscratch:
- The bulb is OK
-The brake fuse is #15, 10a is also OK
-The wiring harness under the inside trunk is also OK,
-The illuminates trunk light work

-I don't know how to check the smart junction box ??
Or is the any relay for the third brake light ??

·
Registered
20 Posts
hihihi

Well I just put on my light bar last night yea it kinda was dark, but the light bar break light works. I get the problem that trunk 3rd light don't want to light up grrr time to check the list =) bub, fuse, connections hopefully it is something easy:) and welcome back to myself lol have not been on the site for like a year :hihi:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Jukka.

Have you had the Europe light modification? If so the company that I had do it bodged it so bad that my 3rd brake light didn't work I had to have the thing rewired so it didn't blow the SJB. I would look into that if I was you. If you have a voltmeter then I would check to see if you have any voltage across the the light fitting at all. If there is some voltage there it means that the SJB rewire was done incorrectly. I'm lucky that I checked mine as a new SJB coded for your VIN in the UK is about £800!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.