Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2005 Mustang v6 to a 2006 Mustang v8

6K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  bugsfix 
#1 ·
Well let me start off by saying great forum and I love this place, I get a ton of new ideas, projects, how-to's and everything in between....

Here is my dilemma I guess you could say....

I currently have a 2005 yellow mustang v6 with 36k on it, nothing wrong with it, no major mods, pretty much all stock..

I found a GREAT deal on a 2006 black mustang gt with 11k miles and its only 17.5k... Reason being is the dealership cannot get rid of it, I have watched this car sit in there showroom for the past 8 months (I have actually went in once a week to look at it lol) anyway, almost every month they did not sell it the price dropped 700-1k... When I first saw it the car was 23k... It has had one original owner, A lady in her 60's who works there, she had bought it for her husband(71) brand new and according to her he loved it, babied it, kept it in the garage, did 5 oil changes in only 9k miles (bit much), but it was to much car for him according to her.. I spoke with the lady myself which is why I know all this.. I took it fora quick spin and its not much different from my v6 in the sense of exact same interior(though it has some chrome parts on the interior, felt like it rode the same, main different was the acceleration and the power(though on a 5-10 min drive and traffic you cant feel to much...

Now that I have gone on and on, Was kind of wondering if you guys thought for 1 if that was a good deal like I think it is, 2 is there really a HUGE difference over the v6 and gt that would be worth increasing my payment 75 dollars a month.

Keep in mind I will be keeping the yellow stang cause I LOVE that car, so its not like i have to pick one over the other BUT I just dont know if its worth it deal wise... I have enclosed pics of both cars...

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
how will it be increasing your payment another $75 a month? that means ur getting that black one for $75 a month and keeping your v6 or the black ones payment is 75 more than the yellows and in that case if ur keeping the yellow youll be paying a lot more than you are now. if i were you id either trade and buy or keep unless you really can afford both. my buddy has a gt and the power really is different and i can feel a difference with the sway bars and everything. so it's really up to you but like i said id either trade and buy (my no. 1 choice) or keep yours and put that $75 a month to modding the 6er.

#3 ·
I can afford both with no problem.. what I ment was that the payment for the gt is 75 more a month then what I pay for the v6.... Mainly the only reason I would keep the v6 is cause I love the yellow, its not tooo far from being paid off(less than a year), and it was the first car I ever bought myself so its kinda got that sentimental value to me.

#4 ·
ooooo i gotcha. thats how i feel about my silver baby. hmmm well if you can easily afford both the toys and if you dont see any forecoming hardships and u can easily cover any downturn if it occurs then go grab the GT!!!!

#7 ·
Id sell the yellow 6 and grab the GT. Trust me. You will soon forget about the yellow one. The v8 is lke night and day.. You will laugh at the v6 after you get a v8. Just for the wheel change alone. It makes the GT look many times better then a v6..
You wil make new memories in the black one..:gringreen

#9 ·
That is an amazing price for a GT. If they give you a good trade in value on your V6 I say jump all over that because you will not find a deal like that again. I bought my GT for 20k with 18k miles on it and I had to fight like hell for that price and I thought it was an amazing deal. Go for it, I traded in my v6 which was a great car but personally I didn't look back at all.

#13 ·
I have seen one other yellow v6 that looked exactly like mine where I live also...

Well I went to the dealership today, $they only wanted to give me 9k for my v6... personally I think that's low since the body is perfect, the interior is perfect, low miles, and I have a $3200 stereo system in which looks clean as could be....

anyway, I wanna keep both but there are a LOT of mods I want for the gt already and that payment for the v6 would move that along a lot quicker... soo To keep it in the family my grandmother who is 67 is in need of a new car so I think I might give it to her (she will just take over the payments for the next 11 months)...

PLUS she does not want any of the stereo So i get to take all of that out(I still have all the old parts thankfully)... at least I know it will go to a good home, she has a garage, she drives like well a granny, and she only works twice a week which is about 10 miles from her house... plus she only lives about 30 minutes from me so at least I get to see it when I want...

Technically I will be loosing money on the deal with the v6 but she bought me my first car, has always been there for me, and I know she will take care of it plus if something would ever happen to her (hopefully not) the car would come right back to me :p

Im pretty suprised how many people think the gt is WAY better but not shocked, always wanted a blacked out gt, full limo tint, saleen 20" black 7 spoke wheels, gt500 bodykit, and lowered(already have sportline springs...

I guess the gt it is..

#14 ·
well.. I went and got the gt...

A few things I did not know it even had... the shaker 1000(there goes the need to install a new system), it also has the my color dash (I wanted that SO bad in the v6 and I know its not a big deal but I liked it.. also has the ambient light package.. A few things I guess I overlooked originally when I looked at it but I guess those things just add to the great deal I like to think I got....

plus it's still under warranty so if anything goes wrong I can use that to my advantage I guess.

Pretty happy with just the hour or so I got to drive it today, WAY faster than the v6.... I "feel" like I get more respect in it.... had the v6 almost a year, never once did anyway wave or tell me I had a nice car(well besides people I knew).... in the hour that I drove it I had another black gt wave and when I was at the gas station and older lady told me "thats a nice vehicle you have there".....

So I must say so far im liking it.....

Now for a cai, 91octane tune, and an ew exhaust(my v6 was deeper and louder than this gt wtf?)

#18 ·
You should make that part of your startup procedure: Turn on the key, then turn off TCS. It is always embarassing when you get on it and the TCS cuts you off. It is really only useful when it is raining.

So what mods are you planning for the GT?

#16 ·
CAI and tune must be removed for any warranty work that gets done unless your dealership is really cool. No big deal though ;)

Exhaust will get you even more people swearing and blaspheming in a good natured way.

Those three mods will make you love your car 100% more. Maybe that's an undrestatement. You'll have to let us know :bigthumbsup

You have made a good decision. And I think you know it. Congratulations on the new baby. Keep it clean or it will be as invisible as you think your old V6 was.

Get pictures in the sun and post them in your profile!

#17 ·
lol I envy your current situation! I would def. take a GT but am very proud of my v6. I get compliments on my car all the time. I think in general, people don't know the difference between the v6 and v8. I may wish more people did in 3 or 4 years when I get an 09 or 10 gt. still waiting to see what the new model is going to actually look like.

#19 ·
makes me wish i would of waited and bought a used one :) 28k for mine and the only thing stock on it really is the tranny and the seats lol. Shoot with that I have had in my garage you could probably convert a V6 into a GT...

I would get the black one and put some gold strips on it. Sense your partial to yellow and gold does look sick i would make a compromise and go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.