Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed Vortech Supercharger on 10 000 mil Mustang. I started the engine and after few seconds connecting rod went through the block. :mad: I asked around and I am not the first case that had this problem with any supercharger. The manufacture Vortech did not apparently heard about any problems like this. Anyone knows what might be going on with the V8 Ford block?

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's happening more and more now that they have been on a few engines for awhile. Has made me really rethink buying a supercharger.

·
Registered
200 Posts
SOB man! thats really messed up. Im not familiar with SC but mayby something got stuck open? too much boost? the other guys that have SC will have better input.

·
Registered
487 Posts
What amount of boost did you set it up to have? Was it just idling? What rpm was it at when it gernaded? What tune were you using (i.e. total timing and what octane gas?)

There seems to be a wide range of opinions....plenty of examples of people running 450 rwhp with a supercharger with no problems at all, and other examples where if something goes wrong..it does it soon. One example I read the engine let go after only the second 1/4 mile pass. Apparently that car dyno'd at 465 rwhp. On the flip side you have Justin B. running 565 rwhp with a stock bottom end (at least thats what the website says) Could it be just the tuning?

If you ever can determine what went wrong...please post..I am sure there will be plenty of people interested to hear what you find out...

·
Registered
126 Posts
orangeinblack said:
I have installed Vortech Supercharger on 10 000 mil Mustang. I started the engine and after few seconds connecting rod went through the block. :mad: I asked around and I am not the first case that had this problem with any supercharger. The manufacture Vortech did not apparently heard about any problems like this. Anyone knows what might be going on with the V8 Ford block?
I take it that that is not covered by the warantee?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
LordBritish said:
I take it that that is not covered by the warantee?
uuhhh... rod through block on S/C'd motor.....no, probably not.

Orangeinblack: dude that sucks! dang!:eyebulge: if you find out why pls let us know! if the bottom end has a weak spot, i sure would like to know about it.:eyebulge:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did you have a custom tune or were you using the supplied one?

This post seems a bit odd (1st post by you as well) since you don't state how or what you did to the car other than just start it up, which does not stress the engine anymore than a car w/o a blower since boost only comes on at higher RPMs.

Did you address the MAF, fuel pressure & A/F issues associated with these kits or just bolt it on and thrash it?

N

·
0 Posts
this is why you should wait 5 years before doing the heavy mods....really sorry about your car...good excuse to throw a crate motor in it though

·
Registered
200 Posts
Fin1 is right about that. I asked a buddy who has a supercharger on his stang and said the same thing, no boost at startup/idle. Possible tune ,timing way off, and lean a/f, Or this is a bunk post , mayby to steer peeps away from Vortec?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Vortech offers some cheaper "tuner" type kits which don't include upgraded fuel system components (pump and injectors) as well as no computer tuning. I don't know that's what happened here, but throwing one of those kits on without the needed extras and tuning would get pretty ugly fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts