Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Houston, we've been getting a lot of rain from parts of Tropical Storm Hermine hitting us. The other day, while driving down the city street, I noticed a ton of water started dripping from behind my glove box onto the passenger floor. It was really a lot of water.

When I got home, I checked out these forums, and noticed that there was a common issue with the drain underneath the cowl getting clogged with debris. I found that the drain was very clogged, and I had a ton of water built up there that couldn't drain properly. Once unclogged, all the water came rushing out of the drain, and I figured all was well.

Yesterday, I was driving in the rain again, and decided to check if the problem was still happening in some way. When I got to my destination, I checked, and my carpet was wet again, but I didn't notice any leaking this time, and the amount of water that was there was much less. However, there is still a considerable amount of water there. Drying, then driving in the water twice, I'm pretty sure this is a separate leak now. It also might be good to know that the leak only occurs when driving. It's not sitting there collecting water in the floor board overnight.

I noticed that the back of the passenger floor carpet toward the firewall is still bone dry, but the middle section is soaked. I read on another thread that it's possible for floorboard plugs to be missing from the bottom of the chassis, so I checked for that, and found a few holes that I'm not sure if they need to be plugged.

Does this sound like it could be a plug issue? If so, where can I buy these plugs? Are they easy to install?

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
277 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.