Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Are you tuning it your self or do you have some one else tune it?

10 HP is nothing. I would however work on your AFR to get it more flat though. 11.6 is a good number for a stock block. Nice and safe.

Do you have an Intercooler?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I have an intercooler air/water runing about 8.5-9.5 psi.
My tuner and i played with the diablo trying to get it right, and putting it on the dyno, and we left it like that, but i think it can be a little leaner, i would change the parameters just a little myself, want better response early in the rpm's though, thats all. Whats AFR? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I would not change ANY thing your self unless you are on the dyno data logging your car. Next think you know your driving down and you blow your motor.

Wait until you can get back on the dyno. A safe tune is a good tune and ask your self seriously what good is 10hp going to give you? With a blower 10hp is a joke.

If you are having trouble tuning your car I would have your tuner either call JPC or take your car to another tuner because centrifugal cars can be tricky to tune. You have the Mafia right?

The Mafia tends to work really good, I traded my SCT BA-5000 Maf for a Mafia for tuning purposes and Diablo is the way to go with a centrifugal blower.

With that much power what size injectors, spark plugs (what are they gapped at) whats your Maf and what fuel system are you running.

AFR is Air/Fuel Ratio

Spend the money on Wide Band AFR gauge but nothing taking away from your tuner but if there are any big Vortech guys around have them tune your car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That A/F looks awful,take the car to an actual tuner that can tune using the Diablo software & have it custom tuned,10hp will be pie once that a/f is lined out.I use SCT Advantage myself but it's not the software it's the tuner himself.Your a/f should be around 11.5:1 and as flat as reasonable,that a/f is all over the place!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I agree about being erratic, up and down. I have mafia yes, set on 2, Racing Spartk plugs set to .032, and 39 pound injectors i know that something is wrong with the fuel delivery, we could not get the AFR line any straighter than that. Now, can it be a fuel pump issue, becasue my MPG in off, im getting too high reading, and it was hard to bring the AFR down below 12 when we were tunnig it, the rich parameter on the diablow is at 14- and 18- at wOT.What can cause this, i mean it feels really good like this, and ive had the S/C standard tuner kit for 2 years, just put the intercooler a month ago. Thanks

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
What is the duty cycle on your fuel pumps and what pumps do you have. 39lb injectors might be a little small. You might want to just think about changing to a 60lb.

If you need fuel pumps I have the duel GT40 pumps that will handle 550rwhp.

I would start looking for another tuner.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
nice its all ways good to see things work out.

Thats a nice flat line you got there right how its suppose to be :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.