Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 mustang and i am looking to fix it up over time. I want to first get some wheels or a sound system. What is a good size wheel. I am thinking about 20'' but i am not sure if that is to big. I also have two 10'' subwoofers and two 12'' subwoofers. Which ones would be more suitable for my mustang.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
for the rims, 20 inch is kind of pushing it, but might still look alright.
On the subs, either one would work as long as you set it up right and have good subs.
When it comes to power, ignore peak power..... it means nothing.... look at rms only.... if they don't list rms, don't buy them.... same for the amp.
Once you have good subs and a good amp, decide what you prefer.... volume, or quality. That will determine the type of box you want.
Bandpass - High volume, lower quality, lower frequency range
Ported - Better quality, better frequency range, slightly lower volume
Sealed - Best Quality, practically same volume as ported, slightly less frequency range as ported.
Then look up the subs that you have and find what size box you need. This is important for them to sound good.
Finally, tune it RIGHT. Don't just "tune it by ear" by turning screws until it sounds "good"
Get an oscilloscope and tune it right.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just ordered 20" foose wheels for my '06, I think 20's look bad ass on 05+ mustangs. It's all personal preference though.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I got chrome nitrous legends 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear. Can not wait til they get here.

·
Registered
725 Posts
The wheels came today!
I'll post pics after I put them on in the morning.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Here they are. Now I HAVE to lower it a little haha

If you're thinking about 20's I say go for it. The ride quality is not any worse then stock really and they look amazing, now I need to lower it to get rid of the lifted truck look.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the smoked lights and the silver stripes. My dad always stresses about that lifted truck look he always points out that it needs to be lowered!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts