Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a 2005 v6 mustang and everytime i take the key out of the ignition and open the door, the windows roll down. It didn't do it all the time but lately, it's been doing it more frequently. It'll especially do it at the worst times like when it's raining. There was a storm down here in Southern California last week and it hasn't stopped doing it since then. I've been having to resort to disconnecting the battery and leaving it like that til i have to use the car again and thats a real hassle. I took it to ford and not only did they say that theyve never heard of that problem before, they wanted to charge me $100 just to take a look at it n i said forget it.

i know the feature is called global open or global window and that its on early 2005 mustangs and it malfunctions with cell phone towers or whatever. if anybody knows how to fix the problem, please let me know. thanks! :wavey

·
Registered
453 Posts
the memory module is a little messed up or something. I've heard of this problem before. Word is if you reset the switch it will fix the problem. To reset the switch I think you need to hold it down or something. Hopefully some one with more knowledge will post but I've heard thats all you need to do.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
That window reset procedure will help you out big time. It works in this situation and like mine where my window refused to go all the way up automatically with the one click. Do the procedure and you shall be fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.