Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth the $399.00 ?

I don't see it on many 4.6, 3 valves, and wondered if the air flow increase translates into decent power gains.

Anyone with a GT500 TB or an opinion please chime in here.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
There are a few with it but you have to remember with all the air going in you need to get it out also.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
I have been thinking about this mod and asked JDM....He's says not much gain if any until you get 8psi and up. however he said the throttle response on these are much better than our stock t/b.
like travelers said....do you have headers? if not you'd gain more with a set of KOOKS LT's :)
although that will cost ya a bit more than $399 :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been thinking about this mod and asked JDM....He's says not much gain if any until you get 8psi and up. however he said the throttle response on these are much better than our stock t/b.
like travelers said....do you have headers? if not you'd gain more with a set of KOOKS LT's :)
although that will cost ya a bit more than $399 :(
Yeah, I'm planning on the Kooks in the future, so I guess I'll consider the GT500 TB more seriously when I get the LTs. I need a 3.2 pulley just to get to 9psi here in Colorado.

Great info, thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Yeah, I'm planning on the Kooks in the future, so I guess I'll consider the GT500 TB more seriously when I get the LTs. I need a 3.2 pulley just to get to 9psi here in Colorado.

Great info, thanks guys.
I'm not real knowledgeable on SCs but I've read that with LTs you also seem to loos a small amount of boost, probable due to less back pressure.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
yep...you might as well get the 3.0 pulley...I run Kooks with a 3.4 and lucky to see 9psi in Va. on a cool day yeah darn close to 10. most of th time its 8psi. on a 10psi pulley.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Hold off on pulling the trigger on getting the GT500 TB.

I am getting ready to do a custom job on modifying my stock intake manifold and putting in a mono blade. Which would be ideal for your set up.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Hold off on pulling the trigger on getting the GT500 TB.

I am getting ready to do a custom job on modifying my stock intake manifold and putting in a mono blade. Which would be ideal for your set up.
Did you get the black diamond?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Not yet I am going to wait until I get home. I have 30 more days in Iraq.

My car is in the paint shop right now and I plan on doing this mod my self not having my mechanic do it.

Just because he gets pissed when I tell him to take tons of pictures lol when he gets in the zone he doesnt like to stop working to take pics, if he does its with his crappy camera phone that he things is the best hahah

So I will take a bunch of phones and do a good write up for it. It wont be for a while though probably a couple months so if you can just hold off on the TB is think the stock one should be fine for your boost.

The black diamond though will be a nice mod if it works well. I will also post before and after Dyno sheets of the improvement and if there is time unhook the belt for my S/C to see how much N/A power it gives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.