Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this installed on their mustang? I know its a little overpriced, but it seems like a nice kit to me, opinions anyone? I was thinking about putting it in my 2005 mustang gt auto. Is it hard to install on your own or is it best to have it professionally instaled (and if you know any balpark prices and which places might be able to do it in the bay area california)? Thanks in advance :cool:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
xeroinsanity said:
Anyone have this installed on their mustang? I know its a little overpriced, but it seems like a nice kit to me, opinions anyone? I was thinking about putting it in my 2005 mustang gt auto. Is it hard to install on your own or is it best to have it professionally instaled (and if you know any balpark prices and which places might be able to do it in the bay area california)? Thanks in advance :cool:
Hey Xeroin,
That looks good. Any idea what it does to your car? i.e., how much does it lower it and do you have to align after install? I hate to hear about people adding stuff and then have to add some other part to make up for a problem the new parts cause … if you get what I mean. I'm never going to a track, straight or road course. I don't want to lower the car really and make the ride worse. The roads suck around here in Taxachusettes :winks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldnt agree with you more. I was going to go with straight springs but like you said I dont want to have to replace parts later, so the reason this kit looks great is because it comes wiht struts and shocks so the new springs will not wear our them. It will improve handelding/cornering greatly from what I heard. It lowers 1.5 inches, and gets rid of that ugly wheel gap whileout sacrificing ride quality. And 30 days later after installing there should be an allignment done from what I read. As for the roads in Texas, I might stay away from lowering but it depends, sometimes you can get away with it by just going extra slow! Hopfully someone can comment that has this installed and correct me if I was wrong anywhere above, Sonny1213 and I will be diligently waiting!

·
Registered
102 Posts
HEY NOW! The roads in Texas are fine. We have more traffic on the major interstates than we used to...but everyone seems to be moving here:happyhapp

Oh and Sonny1213 is from Massachusetts.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I was readin about the Roush suspension, it is supposed to be wicked in the corners and just as supple as stock.....read it muscle mustangs and fast fords, got it yesterday...check it out...:eyepoppin

·
Registered
914 Posts
My Roush kit will be installed either Thursday or Friday (or tomorrow if I'm really lucky and it arrives at the dealer in the AM) then I'll post my "report" - it is a bit more pricey than the others but I have heard a lot of great things about it. A little less of a drop than the others (1" as opposed to 1.5") is fine by me too - don't want to be dragging too low. :winks

hogpowr said:
I was readin about the Roush suspension, it is supposed to be wicked in the corners and just as supple as stock.....read it muscle mustangs and fast fords, got it yesterday...check it out...:eyepoppin

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HeiMa said:
My Roush kit will be installed either Thursday or Friday (or tomorrow if I'm really lucky and it arrives at the dealer in the AM) then I'll post my "report" - it is a bit more pricey than the others but I have heard a lot of great things about it. A little less of a drop than the others (1" as opposed to 1.5") is fine by me too - don't want to be dragging to low. :winks
How much did you pick it up for? I was look at saleen because it was $800 but I have seen the Roush kit for around $1,500 and I dont know how much better it would be then the Saleen kit.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I paid about $1490 for it plus $600 for the install and alignment. It is a Ford dealer that also is an authorized Roush dealer/distributor so I figured they'd be a good choice to have the work done. Plus the guy said they wouldn't mess with my warranty because of my mods so he won my heart right there.

As far as better, I cannot say without a driving comparison - I have heard rumors that the Saleen kit is really the Eibach kit, and a guy at my gym has one of the new Saleen's and said the handling is superb - it did ride a bit stiff, but not that bad. If I get a chance maybe I'll ask him to take me for a spin when I see him next. I am pretty sure though that the Saleen kit only has the front sway bar whereas the Roush has both - granted, one sway bar isn't worth $600 in difference.

The other thing I liked about this dealer was that he had a Mustang with the Eibachs on it he let me drive with him in to see what it felt like. It was pretty good and I was quite surprised at the better handling without a bad ride at all.

The Eibach kit runs about a grand, but I am told it is still on back order from Eibach at least for another two or three weeks.

Hope it helps... :cool:

xeroinsanity said:
How much did you pick it up for? I was look at saleen because it was $800 but I have seen the Roush kit for around $1,500 and I dont know how much better it would be then the Saleen kit.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
That scares me too. Pay a s#$t load more money for a "BIG" name and it's really a piece you can buy anywhere these days. Sears auto even has the Eibach sign in their window and cheap!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hmm I wonder if $2,000 (including installation) is really worth it. Here is the link for the roush suspension. I guess no one has tried to saleen? I dont mind paying more for quality, but I just want to make sure thats what I am getting. I dont want to pay $800 for the saleen suspension if I am getting some cheap Eibach.

·
Registered
914 Posts
xeroinsanity said:
Hmm I wonder if $2,000 (including installation) is really worth it. Here is the link for the roush suspension
I'll let you know at the end of the week! :eyepoppin

Remember, this is a full kit - not just the springs. When I priced the FRPP kit it ended up about the same - less for the kit, but installation was more for some reason - came out to about $2200.

As for the Eibach being Saleen thing - I would check on that, like I said - "rumor" and you know how those can be sometimes. :winks

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Hey HeiMa,
Had a kid in high school we called "heima" or "himer" never did see how it was spelled. One funny dude anyway. You're lucky to have a dealer do the work. My dealer is like the David Spade credit card commercial to doing mods "NO,NO, AND NO" Do you still have on the stock rims/tires? Please let us know how it is after. Thanks!

·
Registered
914 Posts
That's an unusual name there for that kid.

HeiMa is the English spelling of the characters in my avitar, which mean "black horse."

Anyhow - it's tough to find a good service dept. Since sales & service are separate you cannot always tell - this place has a crappy sales dept. but their service seems good, whereas the dealer I bought the car from had a great sales dept and a terrible service dept. - Gotta shop around a bit.

I may have just gotten lucky with this one - I'll wait and see.

sonny1213 said:
Hey HeiMa,
Had a kid in high school we called "heima" or "himer" never did see how it was spelled. One funny dude anyway. You're lucky to have a dealer do the work. My dealer is like the David Spade credit card commercial to doing mods "NO,NO, AND NO" Do you still have on the stock rims/tires? Please let us know how it is after. Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HeiMa said:
I'll let you know at the end of the week! :eyepoppin

Remember, this is a full kit - not just the springs. When I priced the FRPP kit it ended up about the same - less for the kit, but installation was more for some reason - came out to about $2200.

As for the Eibach being Saleen thing - I would check on that, like I said - "rumor" and you know how those can be sometimes. :winks
Yeah, rumors can go either way, haha. Hopefully someone can post that has the saleen installed so I can compare it to yours when you post later this week and then I can make my decision! I thought alot of people would have the saleen installed, but I guess I was wrong.

·
Registered
914 Posts
xeroinsanity said:
I thought alot of people would have the saleen installed, but I guess I was wrong.
I thought the same thing when I asked about the FRPP one a few weeks back, and no one had installed it up until then. I can only think of one person I know of that has since I asked about it, but I may have just missed it too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts