Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Early this morning, still semi dark, I pulled up behind a Lime Green V6 at a light. I didn't realize that it was a Mustang until I got close. It was stopped and only the outer tail lights were on as brake lights. All I have seen is that the outer TWO lights on either side work as brake and turn signal lights. Were there different ways they worked on early models? Or was it a coincidence that two inners were inop in the brake mode?

One benefit of the sequentials is that all six tail lights light up with the brakes.

Frank

Registered
maybe his bulbs are shot??

Registered
Not that I know of. You would think that one light is not visible enough. Maybe they were burnt out.

Registered
Yea they were just out. One trick that the non-sequential crowd can do is move the bulbs from both middles to both interiors so that out of the bulbs 123, 1 and 3 light up for brakes and blinkers. It's just something that is a little different.

Registered
I personally would like to switch over to LED's for the rears, but its such a PITA. Bulbs would last longer and are brighter.

Registered
I personally would like to switch over to LED's for the rears, but its such a PITA. Bulbs would last longer and are brighter.
I have the LED taillight assembly. If you just want the bulbs, get the spider lite bulbs and splice in a controller/relay. It's not that hard.

Registered
I saw a Mustang the other day that the only lights that came on were the center ones, for both stop and turn. Not sure what they had going on but I bet it was bulbs burnt out because the turn signals were flashing really fast.

Registered
I have the LED taillight assembly. If you just want the bulbs, get the spider lite bulbs and splice in a controller/relay. It's not that hard.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Registered
I'm pretty sure all mustangs that don't have sequentials only light up the outer two on each side and the third is just used as a parking light. I know my bulbs weren't out, and mine did that before I got the sequentials.:bigthumbsup

Registered
Early this morning, still semi dark, I pulled up behind a Lime Green V6 at a light. I didn't realize that it was a Mustang until I got close. It was stopped and only the outer tail lights were on as brake lights. All I have seen is that the outer TWO lights on either side work as brake and turn signal lights. Were there different ways they worked on early models? Or was it a coincidence that two inners were inop in the brake mode?

One benefit of the sequentials is that all six tail lights light up with the brakes.

Frank[/quote
Prior to build 32455 V6 brake lights where as you saw, after that all GT/V6 became the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.