Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the market for a C.A.I. There is alot of them out there. Has anyone had any luck with the Tuner and C.A.I Combos. Last time I went through this I bought a few bolt on parts and had a custom dyno tune. This worked good but cost $$$$. Does anyone have any dyno numbers to back up the HYPE.

·
Registered
137 Posts
a dealership to get it tuned?? Ford wont (and CANT) tune your car unless they are a very specialized performance dealer lol........now if you mean a dealer like and SCT dealer, thats another story.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I just bought the SCT3 tuner from Bamachips.com.They are one of the best if not the best.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The Steeda CAI W/Tune has done me very good. I haven't had any problems at all and about 38 more hp in that area. To be honest I love it.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You can also buy the Airaid CAI that does not need a tune.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just the CAI alone with some brands doesn't give you the HP. It's the tune that makes the magic happen. I don't have any Dyno's to back it up, because just a CAI W/Tune doesn't justify the cost to have it Dyno'd. Now if I had it Super or Turbocharged with so other work I would get it Dyno'd. Believe me, the Steeda CAI W/93 Tune makes a world of a difference. There will be no question in your mind that you have alot more HP. I have also installed Steeda UDP and Charged motion plates, with Magnaflow freeflow cats and exhaust. Soon I will be installing 3:73 gears, but for now my Stang has some get up and go.

·
Registered
726 Posts
No dyno here but I really like my JLT and SCT3 tuner. Definately can tell a difference in it. The also come painted to match your car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I wish I could give you the dyno, but all I can say is WOW! what a difference it made. I was completly in awe of what it did. I'm running a 3:31 gear OEM and the car will bark the tires in the first 3 gears. My car is also an automatic if that helps you out any, also that was before the UDP and Charged Motion Plates. I can't wait to get the 3:73 gear in.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I wish I could give you the dyno, but all I can say is WOW! what a difference it made. I was completly in awe of what it did. I'm running a 3:31 gear OEM and the car will bark the tires in the first 3 gears. My car is also an automatic if that helps you out any, also that was before the UDP and Charged Motion Plates. I can't wait to get the 3:73 gear in.
I have no doubt that it improved your performance greatly but 38 rwhp would be virtually impossible to achieve on a 'safe' tune.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I have the AIRAID CAI . I would say I got about 15 more hp. without a tune. I would say about 25hp with the tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did not know that these cars stock parameters were set in the range that just adding a CAI would make a differance. They do have the abilty to learn to an extent it has to adjust to elevations and tempertures. I always hear that HYPE when people say that they are making 30 HP's from Mufflers, airfilter , ETC.
My point is that my car feels like it has 50 more HP when i wash it or change the oil! HAHA
Unless you have some kinda way of measuring it, you really dont know what your doing. Most likely when you change one thing you are hurting something else.
Bottom Line: When you put more air in you need more gas

·
Registered
191 Posts
Feels like Doug stuffed an extra 50 horses under my hood. My fuel economy has been sucking ever since..... but I get to work in half the time with twice as big a smile.

Best. Mod. Ever.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ht. how many of you guys have changed the throttle body as well as the CAI? ive been having nothing but trouble since i put mine in. i have the airaid kit without the insert. and i have a BBK throttle body and i tuned it with hypertechs max energy programmer. at first i didnt have the programmer in and i was running with the insert. the car would idle high all the time and throw check engine lights. so i bought the programmer and it seemed to clear up all the problems.. but not even a week later i started getting symptoms again and now its happening almost everytime i go out. it will rev high at stop lights and check engine light comes on , sometimes the little wrench light will come on and the car basically shuts down.... i can maybe go 20mph. i turn the key off and on and away i go with just a check engine light

im going to start a new thread all about this problem and see what you guys might suggest.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Feels like Doug stuffed an extra 50 horses under my hood. My fuel economy has been sucking ever since..... but I get to work in half the time with twice as big a smile.

Best. Mod. Ever.
I told you you'd like it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
191 Posts
I told you you'd like it. :bigthumbsup
Yes sir. Yes you did. I failed to take into account the wallet-sucking lead foot action that came with it though. Bah. It's worth it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.