Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We just got a 2005 yesterday. Should there be a light in the trunk? There seems to be one harness connector (a black and a white wire) that goes no where. I'm surprised there is no light when the trunk is open. Am I missing something?

I searched for this but was unable to find the answer.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hi Steve, welcome to AFM !

Yes,there is a light on the trunk lid---it's a black plastic cover, the light is a square panel in the middle ( and has the emergency trunk release cable)

I'm sure one of the mechanically inclined members can help you with the rest.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes you have a trunk light. It is in the black plastic cover around the latch area. If its not coming on, it is prob like mine was, burned out. Easy replacement. I think the impact of the trunk closing shortens its life.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I just took a look and I don't have a plastic cover over the latch. I see the metal latch with cables coming out for the key release and emergency release. It has a 2 wire harness plugged into it which I assume is the electric release. Next to that I see a plunger switch actuated by the trunk lid closing.

Does anyone have a picture? Is the trunk lamp only on certain trim packages?

Steve

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
hey, welcome to the forums steve. if i recall, that cover just snaps onto the deck lid. that light is good to have in there :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.