Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 4.0 mustang with an automatic transmission. It was recently serviced with a special oil (cant think of the right word) that lengthens the life and is supposed to make it shift smoother. However (from first to second gear especially) it doesn't shift until around 3500 rpm even if I am just cruising light on the gas. When you pin it it will bounce on the rev limiter for a full second or two before second. It gets better the higher the gear. When its in shift mode and I go from 1st to 2nd when drag racing to get it to shift you have to shift a couple seconds before it is time. For some reason it is lagging on shifting. mainly 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Only thing I can think of is the computer might need to be retuned. Anybody have any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Check the fluid level.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just got serviced and has been doing this for months consistantly. It is mainly in 1st to 2nd. a little less 2nd to 3rd. and almost none from then on.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Bring it back to where you got it serviced, express your complaints and have them check the fluid level.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts