Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2005 V6 with stock exhaust. I want a better sounding exhaust than what i have right now. ANy suggestions.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I went with the true dual exhaust from NewTakeOff.com looks/sounds great and the price is right! I highly recommend this

·
Registered
50 Posts
The 2010 frpp exhaust comes with fr500s mufflers which sound awesome imho. Of course, it comes with the 2010 valence, but as I've said before, I'm sure you could always ebay it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It all depends on the kind of sound you want. If going dual, first choose whether you want an X pipe or H pipe for the mid section. H produces a lower rumble, the X a little bit higher (but it produces 1-2hp more:shigrin). Next, the mufflers. Muffler deletes will be very loud, and (i know I'll probably get crap for this) produce a raspy, annoying sound on our 6ers. A chambered muffler (like Flowmaster) will produce a nice rumbly growl. Or you could go with GT takeoffs.

I went with the duel setup from NTO that comes with the X pipe and GT takeoffs for a while. Some guys swear by it, but it was too quiet for my liking, although it did produce what I considered a very aggressive "stock" sound. I swapped those out for Flowmaster AT's (50 series?) and a, quite pleased. They have a very nice, low, bassy growl in the lower (<4000) rpm range. Oh yeah, headers don't hurt either:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have and 05 with a GT take off. It sounds great and was easy and quick to install. This thread might help you out tho, it covers just about anything you need to know about v6 exhaust systems.http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...005-mustang-dual-exhaust-question-thread.html I also tried a Pypes violator and it was junk. The workmanship was so bad my Dad and I spent hours heating and bending the metal brackets till it fit. Even then it hung like 3in below where it should have and scraped on stuff all the time. Below 2k RPMs it sounded like a freakin dragster! But any thing above that and it sounded like a ricer. I didn't keep it on every long.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went the simplest route and got the flowmaster single pipe replacement. I ddin't have to mess with the valance and the sound is really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.