Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you guys.

I purchased GT takeoff front and rear sway bars.

The front sway bar has the brackets, but the rear one doesn't have the brackets.

Are the brackets the same size on the front and rear? Could I use the brackets off my old front sway bar and fit them over the bushings on the rear sway?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
It's very unlikely.

Actually you usually get brackets with the rear sway bar and not the front. The front brackets from the v6 bar can be re-used to put the GT bar on, but the rear ones are another story altogether.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought them off of craigslist for $30. He said he didn't know what happened to the brackets for the rear sway. The brackets from the front sway fit over the bushings, but I'm not sure if they will match up with the holes.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Use the v6 brackets for the front. There's no reason to fight with getting the GT ones to fit if the v6 ones will bolt right up.

As for the brackets for the rear bar... I'd say keep an eye out on ebay. Otherwise you'll probably have to go to the dealer.

The ****** part is that the rear bar is where the big difference comes from. The front will help a bit, but the rear is what really helps the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.