Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
ooooh i cant wait. more pictures. MORE PICTURES!!!!:happyhapp :happyhapp :happyhapp

·
Registered
67 Posts
I saw their GT with the turbo (looked like they did a lot of cutting on the inner front fenders for all the gear), they didn't have the turbo done for the V6 at the time.......but why would you want turbo lag? The procharger for the V6 would be the best choice. One thing I did notice about their cars was the interior was great......They had orange door panel inserts apposed to the red interior accent package that was an option. When I collect the cash, I'm going to have them do mine in white and also the middle of my seats in white, they had theirs in orange (don't know why Orange)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Turbo is fun to drive, that's why hehe. Granted I realize it makes sense to have a supercharger over a turbo. but turbo's really are a blast :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Uh-oh I see a argument getting ready to start. My guess it will be the “Hp needed to turn a supercharger / free power from a turbo” or the “a good driver can keep the turbo spinning” Heck I will go with who ever is cheaper!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I agree ;). Although I do favor turbos for the sheer 'fun factor' but a price difference of 200$ or greater will steer me away from that camp. I got an email when I inquired for more information saying they dyno'd it lastnight at 284 bhp and like 307 ft lbs at 6.7 PSI They're going to fine tune on the dyno over the next couple days.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sounds like you could be having alot of fun and replacing alot of tires doing it :eyepoppin

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I get back from Alabama next week, I'll take a trip over to their shop and get some more info for you. I still would choose the supercharger only because you get an increase in hp and torque at start up and not when you hit 3000rpm's. Oh and lets use some common sense, supercharger use hp to turn the supercharger and turbo's create backpressure blocking hp. Doesn't matter which you choose, both will give a huge increase over stock.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
s/c or t/c either or will give your car a cool sound and make the guy in the other lane crap his pantaloons and try and figure out if it really is a six.:handball:

·
Registered
100 Posts
i couldn't get that link to work, sure it is correct?

I live in GA and found a guy in SC to do a twin turbo setup on my 4.0 That is what you really need. Screw the single turbo.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Ous sixers have a pretty great displacement with the 4.0 but it's still borderline as a turbo is better for smaller engines... also the exhaust restriction is nothing compaired to the pulley restriction!

If I dind't have all that 4.6 steel/alu to keep cool and it wasn't an everyday driver I'd go with a double-turbo in a heartbeat! If I had a 4.0 running at the same RPMs I'd go with a turbo in a heartbeat...

Just my .02 Euro Cents... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i emailed them inquiring about gains and install questions. seems like is a direct bolt on kit without any form of fabrication.they said the price is set to be as much the procharger kit and was putting down 322 rwhp and 365 ft/lbs @9.5 psi. not bad at all for a single turbine and almost 10psi.but then again the procharger kit is soliciting gains of 400hp but thats probably at the crank right???

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love turboed cars... would be nice to see what kind of power it makes... I know Procharger is making a supercharger kit for the V6 and thats putting out 400 hp to the tires. Thats pretty impressive in my eyes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yo, I have a question for you guys to answer.

I have a 2005 V6 mustang. I was going to swap a V8 into the body, but there is so much work to be done.
I dont want a supercharger, maybe a roots style, but not a centri-blower.
I was thinking of a turbo setup... but who makes turbo kits for my car??
Better yet, I want to make myself a twin turbo kit. I have all the tools ( MIG/TIG wilders, clamps,...) All i need is the piping and the damn tune.

so, if you guys could help me find a tune for the engine to run twin turbos, or if you could find me one big turbo... it would be great.

I love turbo cars. I also own( actually my dad owns) a 2007 porsche 911 turbo (twin turbo actually)... wholy... its time travel on 4 wheels. Anyways back to the point;

I found this porsche shop that has a whole warehouse full of turbo kits taken off of the older 2000-2007 porsche turbos. each "kit" is roughly $2000.00 and its all used stuff... but in very good condition.

So, i was also thinking about that too... a porsche turbo-ed v6 mustang... it would be beautiful.

Any help would be nice.:wavey

·
Registered
149 Posts
yo, I have a question for you guys to answer.

I have a 2005 V6 mustang. I was going to swap a V8 into the body, but there is so much work to be done.
I dont want a supercharger, maybe a roots style, but not a centri-blower.
I was thinking of a turbo setup... but who makes turbo kits for my car??
Better yet, I want to make myself a twin turbo kit. I have all the tools ( MIG/TIG wilders, clamps,...) All i need is the piping and the damn tune.

so, if you guys could help me find a tune for the engine to run twin turbos, or if you could find me one big mother f*cking turbo... it would be great.

I love turbo cars. I also own( actually my dad owns) a 2007 porsche 911 turbo (twin turbo actually)... wholy ****, its time travel on 4 wheels. Anyways back to the point;

I found this porsche shop that has a whole warehouse full of turbo kits taken off of the older 2000-2007 porsche turbos. each "kit" is roughly $2000.00 and its all used stuff... but in very good condition.

So, i was also thinking about that too... a porsche turbo-ed v6 mustang... it would be beautiful.

Any help would be nice.:wavey
Thats just crazzy talk lol porsche turbo's eh

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yes, Powerhouse have good stuff! I'm sure Mike there could hook you up with two small units and the rest needed if you wanna do your own piping. Just remember to get a good (or two) cooler(s)...

Or you can see what is all needed in a kit and surf the net and put your own together... be careful with used turbos though... often there is a reason they vere taken of...

Did not look at your location but Mike can also tune for you there in PA.... or your local tuner could do it.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
A turbo has one big advantage over a blower. It's able to compensate for altitude changes. You'll get 9psi of boost at sea level, and 9 psi of boost at 10,000'. A belt driven blower will lose 2-3% per thousand feet, just like a NA engine does. For some people, that's important.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not to hijack this thread, but does a turbo have a longer expected lifespan than a supercharger? I've read various places that at least some superchargers are only good for about 50,000 miles. I don't have any personal knowledge of this stuff, so a) is this true? and b) does a turbo have the same lifespan or longer?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, Powerhouse have good stuff! I'm sure Mike there could hook you up with two small units and the rest needed if you wanna do your own piping. Just remember to get a good (or two) cooler(s)...

Or you can see what is all needed in a kit and surf the net and put your own together... be careful with used turbos though... often there is a reason they vere taken of...

Did not look at your location but Mike can also tune for you there in PA.... or your local tuner could do it.
yes, thanks. I will have to talk to him.
But... I would love to use the porsche turbos because they have variable geometry to control boost pressure.
Im sure the powerhouse 411 turbos are fine too.
I dont need major HP or boost, I still need to drive my car in the winter when its minus 30, and there is 2 feet of snow on the ground.

is it possable to buy a turbo where you can change your boost pressure?
4-5 PSI for winter and 9-10 PSI for summer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts