Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a stock '05 V6 with the "Exterior Upgrade" package, so the wheels with the spinners. I'm wondering how much those wheels weigh? I'm about to put new tires on the car and figured if I could drop more than 5 lbs / wheel by getting replacement wheels I may just do it.

That said, I've never bought wheels before. What do all the specs (other then weight) mean? What are the stock specs?

Specs for one set of wheels:
Offset: +35mm
Backspacing: 5.66"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114

I like these wheels:
Elbrus I02 Silver Machined w/Ice Coating

Sport Tuning Glide Bright Silver Paint

P.S. I'm probably going with stock sized (215/65R16) Kumho Solus tires.

Thanks,
Ryan

·
Banned
1,481 Posts
I've got a stock '05 V6 with the "Exterior Upgrade" package, so the wheels with the spinners. I'm wondering how much those wheels weigh? I'm about to put new tires on the car and figured if I could drop more than 5 lbs / wheel by getting replacement wheels I may just do it.

That said, I've never bought wheels before. What do all the specs (other then weight) mean? What are the stock specs?

Specs for one set of wheels:
Offset: +35mm
Backspacing: 5.66"
Bolt Pattern: 5-114

I like these wheels:
Elbrus I02 Silver Machined w/Ice Coating

Sport Tuning Glide Bright Silver Paint

P.S. I'm probably going with stock sized (215/65R16) Kumho Solus tires.

Thanks,
Ryan
Just to give you an idea my chromes weight 75lbs with tire/air, those are a little light cuz most weight the same thing, also not all chromes are heavy my dad bought some for his truck and they were pretty light, another things you should look when buying tires are the temperature,speed rating,and thread ratings I know most manufactures do their test but if they 're certified by the UHAC something like that.. they will be good....:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Depends on your definition of light, 75lbs = 300lbs of rotating mass, vs say a 17x9" wheel which would have almost 75lbs less of rotating mass...

To actually try and answer your question OP I could try and explain it to you, but this will do a much better job that I could do without being with you next to a car :p

Offset info:
Wheel Offsets - Discount Tire

Backspacing info:
Wheel Offsets - Discount Tire

Bolt pattern info:
Bolt Patterns - Discount Tire

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.