Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I've been having a Valentine One for a couple of years now but never actually got into trying to hardwire it to the electrical system. The hardwire kit come with a device to attach it to a "switched" wire. One that is off when the ignition is off. And a grounding cable to attach to a grounding screw. I've been having trouble finding the two wires. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it. It'll be a plus if someone in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana area could actually show me how to do it. Also pictures would be a HUGE help! Thanks in advance for any and all responses.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it helps any, I have it wired from the top of the windshield then down the passenger side pillar. Some guy said there is a fuse box down there but I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to electrical stuff :/

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Ok heres how I wired my V1.
1. Pull off the driver side sill panel.
2. Pull off the trim piece that covers the hood release latch.
3. Near the hood release latch there is your inertia fuel shutoof switch. ( If in an accident this will shout off the fuel and will need to be reset).
4. Use the green wire with yellow stripe for your power wire. Use the supplied quick splice to tap into it.
5. In front of the fuel cutoff is a bolt perfect for grounding.
6. Pull of the A pillar trim.
7. Run the telephone wire up the A pillar trim.
8. Remove the driver side sun viser.
9. Run the telephone wire under the ceiling carpet trim to the rearview mirror.
10. I then have the telephone trim come down the mirror where it plugs into my V1 that sits in a Blendmount mounting bracket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks definitely helps out! I'll try and post pics of the installation so anyone else can see how to do it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so thanks to jaja6009 for giving me the best install instructions I have ever seen :)
I am going to upload some photos of the install. They'll show important parts that jaja6009 was talking about and how I hid the wires. One photo I was not able to get was the one of where I adhered the device that you plug the main and accessory unit into. Above the fuel shutoff and the ground line there are two metallic boxes. I just put it on the one closer closer to me. Should adhere just fine. Also the panels you have to pull off take some effort. I doubt you can break them but to be on the safe side be careful. They take some doing but are easy to get off and back on. Hope all this helps. If you have anymore questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Glad it worked. Actually with your pics this thread is now a really good install thread for the V1 or similar wired radar detectors. Sorry I couldnt get my stupid phone to take any good pics.
Think about the Blendmount mount. It will mount the detector under the mirror and you can then get the wire hider piece for a really clean install.
Valentine One Radar Detector Mount
I know its pricey but it is a very clean look and with the high price of the V1 to begin with its added protection as you dont have to worry about the suction cup bad and the unit falling off.

Very nice pictures again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i've definitely looked into them. I've seen a few people driving around with them and they really do look clean. I'll probably end up getting one :) Thanks again for all your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts