Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm trying to swap out my v6 up to a v8 302 5.0 L over the fall and/or winter, but I have some questions. I plan on swapping the transmission, clutch, driveshaft, and rear-end kit, but I'm worried about the size of the engine itself. Should I swap out the motor mount too? And if so any suggestions on how I would go about doing that? Any advice would help.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Let me know how the Swap goes, I wanted to do the same thing but I decided I was in for more than it would be worth. The V6 Mustang has a Big Engine Compartment, Im no Expert but I'd say it has enough room, but making it fit will be a chore.
Dont forget your gonna also have to change out the Computer and Wiring Harness, and also change the Suspension. You may find out like I did that doing it is way more than you think, and to just buy another Mustang with a 5.0 in it would be Cheaper.
My V6 now has about 9,000 miles on it and is still in Showroom Condition, I considered the Engine Swap because in 2 more years mine will be Paid for:bigthumbsupand have about 12K on it when it's finally paid off, so insted of Buying a Stang with a 5.0 why not just keep mine as it's still like new and put a 5.0 in it, then I found out what was all involved.
If you ever do the swap let us know how it went and how much it cost,
Good Luck:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
the engine bay is big enough and here is y i say that

"there was a guy on another forums that i know that took his 4.6 and swapped it out for a brand new 5.0 from ford racing and he did a HUGE write up on it
WWW.S197FORUM.COM"

read this and u will have ur information u will need on the engine swap but some of the stuff u can do with out " the interior stuff and what not"

this guy did it all and then some

·
Registered
727 Posts
The engine should fit no problem because the current car is the same as the 05-09 with just different exterior panels.

But as mentioned it would probably be cheaper to look for a used 11 and sell your 06.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts