Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching the 2006 Ford Mustang V6 (4.0 Liter, 210 HP) and cant seem to find what im looking for. I know ive heard the Mustang V6 will be stopped at around 115 because of the governor, but does anyone know how fast the 2006 Ford Mustang V6 will do without the speed limiter? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
109 Posts
After removing the governor the top speed is limited by the driveshaft which has been known to come apart at around 120-125 mph. Now if you replace the driveshaft with a one piece aluminum one, then the next thing you need to look at is the top speed rating on the tires.

I'm not completely sure what the top speed would be if you had proper tires and an aluminum driveshaft, but if I had to guess I'd say maybe 130-140 mph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
MY 2006 v6 500+ hp ROCKET ( MUSTANG)

Not sure if you'll get this here but, I bought a 2006 v6 4.0 mustang that had 210 hp & 240 lbs of torque till I got my hands on it & fixed her up real nice. I modified her with flow master dual exhaust system a K & N cold air intake kit then went & bought me a diablo predator sports tuner & brand new 17 in tires with velocity chrome rims after modifying her to the max I ran it on the dyno meter & now she's pushing 500+ hp & 550 lbs of torque & ran @ 135 mph but last month I tested her out & got her up to about 150 mph @ 5000 rpm & red lines @ 6000 so I'm guessing she'll do 175 mph to 180 mph max. Bob

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Not sure if you'll get this here but, I bought a 2006 v6 4.0 mustang that had 210 hp & 240 lbs of torque till I got my hands on it & fixed her up real nice. I modified her with flow master dual exhaust system a K & N cold air intake kit then went & bought me a diablo predator sports tuner & brand new 17 in tires with velocity chrome rims after modifying her to the max I ran it on the dyno meter & now she's pushing 500+ hp & 550 lbs of torque & ran @ 135 mph but last month I tested her out & got her up to about 150 mph @ 5000 rpm & red lines @ 6000 so I'm guessing she'll do 175 mph to 180 mph max. Bob
I doubt it. Almost all of it.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Even this thread is almost two years old, and not the correct place for this, I will throw the BS flag. You are saying that with an exhaust, a air filter, and a tuner you doubled the HP? I think not... :nogrinner

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree, that is total BS...I have a similar setup and I can tell you I'm not getting anywhere near 500 hp :heha:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Looks as if that was mustangbob59's only post on Allfords. I think I'd change my name after such an idiotic post and skeptical reception ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts