Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 06 i cant take my lower control arms off im trying to take my steeda ones off because im trading up to a 2012 5.0 w/ brembos "o yea". have a jackstand underneath the back already "loading the suspension" and still it wont come out. im almost at the point of frustration to put the dam nuts on and trade in as is. any helps/tips would be well appreciated :worship

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
You only need to have the suspension loaded to torque them when installing, not when removing. Put the jackstands under the frame, not the axle, let that hang free (supported by a floor jack under the pumpkin). That should help a little. Also just let some penetrating lube work it's magic and getting them off shouldn't be a problem then.

Good luck :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You only need to have the suspension loaded to torque them when installing, not when removing. Put the jackstands under the frame, not the axle, let that hang free (supported by a floor jack under the pumpkin). That should help a little. Also just let some penetrating lube work it's magic and getting them off shouldn't be a problem then.

Good luck :bigthumbsup
i had the jack stands under the frame with the floor jack just lifting the car 1/2inch higher then the jack stands, even took the lower bolts off the shocks and let em hang freely with no luck. just said :censored: it and put it back together. the penetrating lube might have worked but oh well, thank you for the feed back though :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I hope it works out when you're ready to give it another go :bigthumbsup

Edit: don't lift the pumpkin at all with the floorjack, just raise it enough to reach the pumpkin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts