Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Mustang Family!

My name is J. Aryeh Sharkey, Ryay for short. I just bought a total lemon of a 2006 Mustang, but am damned if I'm going to give it back to the dealership to screw somebody else over. Instead I did what I think y'all would have done. I bought a 2004 Mach 1 as well. :shigrin

Glad to be a part of what looks like a great community. I look forward to hangin' with those of you in the Greater Bay Area.

Cheers!

J. Aryeh

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Welcome to the site. I don't think my 1st reaction to getting a lemon would be to spend more money but hey.....god bless ya. I do wanna see pics of the Mach 1. Glad ya joined.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome aboard glad to hear that you didn't give up on the pony brand.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
No I definitely wouldn't just go buy another car. I wish that I was in a position to though. :)

What are your plans for the 06 GT and what are the issues?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Please give some details about what makes your 06 GT a lemon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome Y'all.

Here's my tale of woe on the 'stang.

The tires were changed at some point, without the computer being set back to 17s I'm getting bad mileage readings and crap gas mileage. Its getting maybe 11 with just me in the car, spare tire out, no other cargo, neutral drifting when I can.

Then I come to find out its been in a frame bending accident that the dealer didn't report. It had been disclosed at auction, but the dealer pled ignorance because it showed up on Experian and not Carfax.

Their detail guys messed up the passenger side tint removing the price sticker, and last but not least, instead of fixing the automatic shift indicator they just pulled the adjuster wire and crimped it.

Sigh... nothing life threatening, but she'll need some love.

I'd appreciate y'alls input. And I'm broke now with the two car payments, but since I'll likely turn this GT into a secure courier fleet vehicle, its mostly deductible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
update

Hey y'all,

Well now 2 weeks into owning this black beauty, I've got all the issues fixed, fingers crossed. I found a shop that reset the computer in an hour and now I've also got trip-tunes installed. I'll go this morning to pick it up at the shop. With the spare tire and the back seats out, I'm getting >25mpg which is great.

I'll see you Oaklandish Mustangers on International, I'll be cruisin' tonight.

Cheers!

·
Registered
338 Posts
glad ya get it figured out!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
552 Posts
Now you have two fully functional drama free mustangs..... I envy you.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Very nice, glad to hear that your pony got the TLC that it was craving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts