Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 2006 GT May 5th,and i know 2006 V-6 production starts August 8th. Anybody hear anything on GT production dates?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Speed said:
I ordered my 2006 GT May 5th,and i know 2006 V-6 production starts August 8th. Anybody hear anything on GT production dates?
They are all built at the same time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Speed said:
The big question should be when did your order actually get placed.. If memory serves me correct... order banks for 06 were not open on May 5th. Hope you have the DORA to back up your order... dealers are doing some crazy things with these GT orders...:eyebulge:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
If your dealer took the order at that time, it was probably put in as a priority of 99 (purgatory do not build) until Ford started to accept the orders, it would have been up to the dealer to change the priority when the time came.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Speed said:
Do you have your VIN? My GT was ordered June 4 with a priority of 10 from the dealership, and mine is being built the week of Aug 8th (according to the ERL).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
06 order

06GT4me said:
The big question should be when did your order actually get placed.. If memory serves me correct... order banks for 06 were not open on May 5th. Hope you have the DORA to back up your order... dealers are doing some crazy things with these GT orders...:eyebulge:
Yes i have a DORA, priority49, I called the Ford automated number and said my order was clean and unsceduled as of 7/28/05

·
Registered
67 Posts
Speed said:
Yes i have a DORA, priority49, I called the Ford automated number and said my order was clean and unsceduled as of 7/28/05
PRIORITY 49?? Well the good thing is clean and unscheduled means it was placed and your car should be built.. but I would ask your dealer the next big question... how many orders are ahead of you?
With your's being 49, it's not like he was going in a 10, 20, 30 order so if you had 50, you'd have 4 people infront of you. But with 49, who knows your place. Most of the one's I've read about on the forums seem to start with 10 and go up... 10, 11, 12... I sure hope your's isn't doing that.
I would also ask how many GT he gets in a month.. with that info and knowing your place inline you can get a better idea when you'll get your car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Don't get too worked up about the priority number, I placed my '05 order on 5/19 with a priority of 40 and got serialized on 5/20. The most important thing is find out if the dealer has the allocation for your vehicle, and then how many orders are in front of you.

DO NOT assume that since your order is c/u that it will get built. My original order sat as c/u for 4+ months before my dealer told me that it would not get built.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What is the DORA?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Zrullac said:
What is the DORA?
Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've done a search on the following quesiton & couldn't find anything...

I ordered my 06 GT on 5/18. Priority 11. I've been calling the 1-800 number & it's always said from Day 1:

"No status information found for the info that you provided".

Should I be at least getting a different message by now (8/2)?

Is this the message you get if your enterring the wrong numbers? I've checked & I believe I got the Dealer code, order number, body (T82) all correct.

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Help Line

This is the number to call to obtain “up to the moment” new vehicle information. The number is 1-800-392-3673. You will be speaking to a "live" customer service representive who will answer all your questions.

·
Registered
200 Posts
gd06gt said:
I've done a search on the following quesiton & couldn't find anything...

I ordered my 06 GT on 5/18. Priority 11. I've been calling the 1-800 number & it's always said from Day 1:

"No status information found for the info that you provided".

Should I be at least getting a different message by now (8/2)?

Is this the message you get if your enterring the wrong numbers? I've checked & I believe I got the Dealer code, order number, body (T82) all correct.

Thanks.
I was getting the same message at first until I got a DORA from my dealer, I noticed on the DORA the the order number was different that the VOC. After using the number from the DORA I got the infamous clean & unscheduled

·
Registered
56 Posts
HDMAN:

Thanks for the 1-800 # for a live person. Seems that the dealer gave the wrong dealer code.

I'm clean & unscheduled.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Panther

Great news!! What a thrill it must be to know it's that close to your own driveway! :shiny:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just ordered mine today. Put a grand down and dealer says I'm his first and only order for a '06. I'm kind of suprised at this considering its a pretty big dealership. He said I would get my DORA in 4 to 10 days. I guess we will see about that. I did get a priorty code of 10 on my order, not sure if that means much or not. I guess this is where my long wait begins.

·
Registered
14 Posts
micklimey said:
Just ordered mine today. Put a grand down and dealer says I'm his first and only order for a '06. I'm kind of suprised at this considering its a pretty big dealership. He said I would get my DORA in 4 to 10 days. I guess we will see about that. I did get a priorty code of 10 on my order, not sure if that means much or not. I guess this is where my long wait begins.
Greenville huh. Ninety-six here (Greenwood), but I am stationed in Jax Fl :drink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kewl.....spent six years in the Corp. Glad to see someone else in my area.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts