Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many others on this site I got the recall regarding the restraint control module reprogram.

My car is tuned (SCT) with a Brenspeed 93 octane tune.

WILL I HAVE ANY ISSUES AFTER I GET THE RECALL DONE?

Can someone explain exactly what they are reprogramming...is there any chance that they will “UPDATE” anything else that may effect my tune...should I remove my CAI and return my tune to stock prior to getting the recall done?

There was one other thread that I found about this and only one reply that kind of addressed my above questions.

Thanks for the replies.

Greg

·
Registered
327 Posts
I am facing the same issue with my FRP Blower and software. I just finished a class on automotive computer reprogramming and talked to my instructor and he could not say if they would undo any non factory flashes. I am waiting to hear from another source, hang in there I will post what I learn.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
The flash is for the RCM, Restraight Control Module.. not the PCM.. your tune is going untouched.. i took mine in yesturday.. and drove off with no problems..

·
Registered
106 Posts
No. I had the recall restraint module reflash completed a few weeks ago and had the same concerns as you, so I uploaded the stock tune before going to the dealer just in case. I have read elsewhere that it was unnecessary. If you still feel unsure about this, reflash to stock and write down your strategy from the tuner. That way after the work is done, you can compare the before and after strategies to verify they haven't changed. The only problem I had was waiting at the dealer for 2 hours for them to get to my car and do the work.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a thread on this same topic in the 05+ tech section:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...110624-ford-service-recall-updating-tune.html

ski - posted a link to another thread (from another site) about this topic - worth reading.

So...after reading all this I have a question: When the Restraint Control Module (RCM) is updated - do they plug into the PCM (under the dash)...or is the RCM something different?

Thanks,

Greg

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
There is a thread on this same topic in the 05+ tech section:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...110624-ford-service-recall-updating-tune.html

ski - posted a link to another thread (from another site) about this topic - worth reading.

So...after reading all this I have a question: When the Restraint Control Module (RCM) is updated - do they plug into the PCM (under the dash)...or is the RCM something different?

Thanks,

Greg
Nothing gets plugged into the OBDII port.

·
Registered
159 Posts
No. I had the recall restraint module reflash completed a few weeks ago and had the same concerns as you, so I uploaded the stock tune before going to the dealer just in case. I have read elsewhere that it was unnecessary. If you still feel unsure about this, reflash to stock and write down your strategy from the tuner. That way after the work is done, you can compare the before and after strategies to verify they haven't changed. The only problem I had was waiting at the dealer for 2 hours for them to get to my car and do the work.
My dealership decided to wipe my computer and flash it to a different strategy. I didn't check this before I brought mine in. BTW - Trying to flash using a tuner on a strategy that doesn't match is a BAD IDEA. It will make the car not run and you will need to take it to the dealership to have them reflash the computer. I still need to make sure the strategies match this time to tune it again.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Nothing gets plugged into the OBDII port.
Mark, how are they flashing the RCM if nothing is plugged into the OBDII port? I have this recall too and I'm going to take the car in for it plus other stuff. If they don't have to touch that port, I'm going to do what I did before: 1. Tell them not to reflash the car under any circumstances and 2. I taped a sign to the OBDII port that said "DO NOT FLASH!"

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
i didnt watch them do it, but it doesnt affect a tune, so no worries..

·
Registered
637 Posts
:deadhorse:

Can we start "Another" thread about this recall??

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...h/106685-ford-mustang-s197-passenger-air.html

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-talk/106565-new-recall-2005-2008-mustangs.html

Please take a second to use the "search" function on the top right side of every page ;)

I know I get itchy to post sometimes too :hihi: but hey it took me 10 seconds this morning to search or I would of posted about the ole' lady coming up on 700,000 miles with her Stang. Thanks guys & gals :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
What does PCM stand for?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.