Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since my car's trans has been rebuilt by Ford, the O\D light flashes occasionally. i took the car back zillion times to Ford and never found an issue. i could read the code once which was "no 2nd gear" :headscratch:
all gears are working fine and the O\D back to normal once the car is restarted.

so confused!

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
O/D flashing is always an indication of a transmission problem. And it's usually a pretty sever problem.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O/D flashing is always an indication of a transmission problem. And it's usually a pretty sever problem.
i know,, but i got the whole thing rebuilt :headscratch:
could be the PCM/ECU mistaking?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I had a similar problem when I first added a cold air intake and a tune. It turned out the CAI was defective. Changed it and have not had flashing lights for almost a year.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a similar problem when I first added a cold air intake and a tune. It turned out the CAI was defective. Changed it and have not had flashing lights for almost a year.
Man, i first had it flashing right after the c&l racer installed.
How did you find this out?
How can an intake be defective?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5R55S Trans Description & Operation - WWW.S197FORUM.COM

See the above thread on another forum about how the auto trans works. I had the same problem and most of the time it is in the tune, especially the MAF.
wonderful writeup,,
got me to know how trans works,, but got me more confused about O\D flashing,, too many sensors can easily be the cause:
TPS
MAF
sensors located on the trans
and solenoids :headscratch::scratchchin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.