Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi you lucky dawgs, running around with your '06 already..... I would like to know if your headrest is adjustable to two positions. I know the '05er's were complaining and I am darn sure I read that it was to be adjustable in the '06 model. (Ford listened?)

Thanks! Russ

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R3dF1r3 said:
Umm, what is the issue the "05 guys were complaining about?"

My headrests adjust up and down very well.
The issue was the angle to which some of the whiners had their little bumpy head hit the thing. There was a thread, I might look for it tomorrow if I am in a good mood... Russ

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
The issue was the angle to which some of the whiners had their little bumpy head hit the thing. There was a thread, I might look for it tomorrow if I am in a good mood... Russ
LMAO!!!!!

I wanted to whine that mine isn't far forward enough...I have to consciously move my head back a little bit when I want to rest against it. Plus, I seem to have a pimple or boil - or carbuncle - forming on the back of my head that hurts a little when I do that. Can I still whine about it now or maybe...yeaahhh...wait until tomorrow to spoil your mood?? :D

Also, the taillight lens material is not of a quality that I'm used to. And I think I heard it make a weird sound a couple days ago at the Taco Bell drive-thru. Maybe better to raise that in a separate topic.....tomorrow......or next day....:tongue

·
Registered
255 Posts
The '06 interior is the same as the '05. The headrest has the same adjustment as the '05. Up & down. Nothing more.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
StangNut said:
The '06 interior is the same as the '05. The headrest has the same adjustment as the '05. Up & down. Nothing more.
Geeez, Shame shame is all I can say. I had read where they "were gunna" add adjustment to it in /06. There were so many little things they coulda/shoulda done in my book. New model year and as far I can determine nothing to show it. Most of my gripes were in another thread I had started so I will limit myself here to this: What a shame. Russ

·
Registered
255 Posts
Being as it's only the second MY, they weren't expected to change much. They had enough to worry about fixing all the problems with the first MY.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
StangNut said:
Being as it's only the second MY, they weren't expected to change much. They had enough to worry about fixing all the problems with the first MY.
Yeah, I hear ya, I have had mine in a few times and it is still scheduled for a tank too. BUT non the less...it's not like the old days. Little things WERE done... Beings I will have TWO I would have liked differences in something.... I suppose that is enough to ask... (fixing the mistakes!) thanks, Russ

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd like to remove them from mine - any idea how they come off? They won't just pull out - I tried it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2horseowner said:
I'd like to remove them from mine - any idea how they come off? They won't just pull out - I tried it.
I haven't tried. I bet your answer could come from an upholstery shop. They see stuff like this everyday I bet.
I remember pulling one on a car one time the seemed like it wouldn't come off when it was at the top of the "up" travel...but when I started at the bottom of the travel and jerked up quick it came up and off easily. You could try that. Russ

·
Registered
255 Posts
Look for someone on the forums (maybe try TMS) who has had embroidery put on the head rest. I think they had to pull them off to have it done.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2horseowner said:
On the height adjuster without the button, you'll see a small hole. Push a finishing nail or something similar into it and the headrest will come out. If you remove them, just hope you don't get rear-ended and snap your neck:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Headrest Adjustment

We have an '05 Convertible with leather seats and I'm trying to put on some seat covers. I need to take the headrest completely off. Any ideas on how to do that? Thanks. :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts