Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been searching the boards before asking, but I haven't found the answer (I think) yet.

Long story short, I'm on the West coast, and trying to have my car shipped from back East. Well my buddy has been starting it and driving to keep everything ok, but I guess he let it sit 4 days or something, and now it won't start.

Here is what I know so far. The fob battery died. Apparently the alarm is ON, but very very quiet? Like, almost unable to hear it I have been told. So my buddy has swapped the battery to the fob, and tried jumping the car...no luck.

While it could just be a dead battery, are there other issues here? I read in the manual that if the fob battery dies, you do NOT need to reprogram. Wondering if that's true, or basically if there are other steps that are needed. My understanding is he just needs to unlock with fob, jump it, and that's it? I haven't found any other info about the anti-theft system.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Use the key to open the door and ignition, has a chip, fob is not the problem if you open and start with key.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. So if I understand you correctly, the reason it wouldn't start now that the anti-theft has been triggered is simply because of the battery being dead?

Good to know, because it saves me having it towed to dealer, and reprogrammed. That's what the car shipping company guy said would have to happen.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts