Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so Ive had my 06 v6 California Edition Mustang for 6 mths n now the battery keeps getting drained by somethin in the car n I cant figure it out Ive gotten the alternator tested n they said it was fine....is anyone else having problems with theirs?or can anyone tell me how to fix it?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Please let us know if there are any aftermarket devices on the car...alarm system, amplifiers, etc.

Some have reported that not turning off the radio can drain a battery, though we know that the factory radio is supposed to turn itself off when the door is opened.

Could you just have a weak battery...restarts car just fine during repeated trips during one day, yet won't hold a charge overnight or over a several day period of not starting the car.
A test for that is to fully charge a battery, then have it load tested.
Normal long battery life can be up to 5 or 6 years in a not freezing climate. A very short battery life might be about 2 1/2 years from battery manufacture date.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Not an uncommon problem with these cars. Solution in many cases is to add a trickle charger.

·
Registered
833 Posts
As Stl says most of us have noticed the battery draws down when the vehicle sits unused. Assuming you have the original battery you may be noticing this even more than most because of its age.

·
Registered
465 Posts
This problem was reported frequently in 2005-2006, and its related to the radio.

I had my radio replaced under warranty in 2006 because it would start randomly shuffling the disks in the CD changer, even when the car was shut off. It seemed like a relay in the radio was not shutting the radio power down correctly, and part of the radio still had power when it was shut off.

Bruce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.