Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The back window of my convertible is falling through from the top's material. There are two layers so it is still supported by the bottom. We have had some EXTREMELY hot weather over the last week and I imagine that the glue that holds it to the top has melted and it has fallen through. As I was walking around town over the weekend, I noticed another mustang with similar damage, so I suppose it is not too rare of an issue.

Has anyone ever experienced an issue like this? If so, what would be your recommendations be in having it fixed? Is a new top necessary? If I were to have it "resealed" with glue would this be an optimum fix? Have you been able to have this covered through insurance due to causes by weather?

Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Of course, park it out of the sun.
Call Ford customer service ASAP... cars are usually tested in extreme conditions to prevent this sort of problem (we ran into a fleet of Jaguars & Land Rovers in Death Valley a few weeks ago... 122oF IN THE SHADE)

The back window of my convertible is falling through from the top's material. There are two layers so it is still supported by the bottom. We have had some EXTREMELY hot weather over the last week and I imagine that the glue that holds it to the top has melted and it has fallen through. As I was walking around town over the weekend, I noticed another mustang with similar damage, so I suppose it is not too rare of an issue.

Has anyone ever experienced an issue like this? If so, what would be your recommendations be in having it fixed? Is a new top necessary? If I were to have it "resealed" with glue would this be an optimum fix? Have you been able to have this covered through insurance due to causes by weather?

Any help is much appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts