Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running a stock 06 GT motor and i was wondering if its safe to run 100 octane racing fuel in my car? Ive heard that the motor might not be able to handle it? any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Only run what your car is properly tuned for. The GT's computer system is tuned to run 87. Even running 91 will make your car not perform as good as it is meant to.

Get an SCT or Diablo tuner and have some one tune your car for both 91 and 100 that way you can load which ever when you desire and have your car run like you want it to.

G

·
I was told for better performance use Premium gas. is that wrong.

Hey Wes... no reason to run premium on a stock GT. Get a CAI/ Tuner combo and then you can have different tunes to take advanted of say an 87, 89, 91 or 93 octane setup... depending what octanes you can get in your area.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Using a higher octane gas doesn't make your car run better. What it does do is allow you to alter your tune, i.e. spark advance to gain performance. If you did this without using higher octane your engine would detonate and you wpuld be sad.

The point is that using better gas isn't going to help you if you don't alter the tune. Save you money and buy 87 unless you hear pinging then move up a grade until you don't.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Not sure I'd want to pay $6 a gallon for my daily commute (until next year when 93 is $6 :( )

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
hahah thats why my favorite mod was a 97 4 cylinder galant

that I put all my procharger stickers and license plate frame on :) i get TONS of weird looks but it gots 17's and I keep them clean

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.