Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start to take off at a gradual speed from first gear to second and just give it normal acceleration it hesistates "hiccups" like it is going to die. RPMs are between 800-2000 just depends on the speed I am going. This all seems to be happening under 30mph. Once I hit 2nd gear it stops. It is just from stop and go basically. If I let go of the gas or give it more power it stops the hiccuping. I put in premium gas all the time, I thought it might have been bad gas, this has been happening probably for a month now. Once I get from first to second gear everything is fine and it drives normal. I do not have this problem from coming off the free way. It seems to happen when I first start the car up for the day or after sitting for a long period of time. It seems to be similiar to others who have this happen after getting off the freeway. I never had this issue before and I have been using the following mods since 6,000 miles on my vehicle. I believe it is the fuel pump, I have not done heavy acceleration, maybe on the rare occasion. Would this be covered under warranty? I know the fuel pump for the other cars similiar seem to be covered. Dealing with the FORD SERVICE "advisors" is dealing with car salesmen a pain in the rear. Sometimes I wish I could just deal with the mechanic haha.

Thanks for any and all help

INFO about my car,

2006 Mustang GT
Automatic
BBK throttle body
BBK ceramic headers
Summit Racing pulleys
K&N cold air intake
Diablo Tuner currently on custom tune.
I run Royal Purple Synthetic oil
48,000 miles

If you need more information let me know.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Did it do that with the stock TB?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have similar issues at start up. Mine will jump a little like I was rocking on the accelerator. I was thinking it is the drive by wire system, computer related maybe. If I idle for 10 seconds and rev the engine to 3000 rpm, it will take off normally.

·
Registered
2015 Ruby Red GT, 1966 Silver Blue Coupe
677 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever find out what the cause was?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever find out what the cause was?
I had this problem. Throttle body cleaning and spark plug changed fixed the problem on my 2006 GT automatic. It only started after my Brenspeed tune; search for stuttering after tune on these mustangs. It's fairly common.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mine was cured after I cleaned the MAF and throttle body.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts