Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for a new set of borla stingers, when i went to go purchase them i was advised that it would be better to purchase a catback system instead of just the mufflers. when i researched i did not find too much info besides the factory exhaust system being 2.5" which seems to be competent. so basically my quetsion is do i need to change it now, in the future i do plan on getting lt headers and an x pipe so should i just get the axle back for now and tubes later or all at once?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
get the axlebacks...2.5 is plenty of flow.

then later u can add x pipe and LT headers.

they are feeding u for cash

SUCKUBUS!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks 05horse, thats what i was leaning towards, have you heard the borla stingers, if so in comparison to others which has the best sound/performance?

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yea they sound good. i only heard them on a SC v6 in person though, still good sound.

but ill stick with my flowmasters.

kinda a family heritage lol.

but they are good mufflers! i heard em on u toob and they were good

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking into the Flowmaster's American Thunder, but was turned off by drone, dont get me wrong they sound great especially when WOT, but from rumors that ive heard the borlas have the least amount of drone, did u dual out your exhaust, my brother has a 96 v6 and was contemplating going dual.

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
yep i did guy here did it good n cheap. cut my own bumoper, easy to do.

i lvoe duals the thunders sound great thats what i got.

some drone...no big deal....

·
Registered
368 Posts
remember that the bolra stingers are pretty much the same thing as the FRPP stingers but less money. Borla makes ford parts. Its just a stamp.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Flowmasters are rattling like crazy after owning just 3.5 years. Tried removing and shaking out some of the debris from whatever is disintegrating inside, reattaching (the clamps suck, btw), but no success. Shouldn't they last a bit longer than that?

I bought the aluminized ones first time round. Any advantage in going stainless steel for another $75, or just stick with the cheaper ones?

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
I am currently in the market for a new set of borla stingers, when i went to go purchase them i was advised that it would be better to purchase a catback system instead of just the mufflers. when i researched i did not find too much info besides the factory exhaust system being 2.5" which seems to be competent. so basically my quetsion is do i need to change it now, in the future i do plan on getting lt headers and an x pipe so should i just get the axle back for now and tubes later or all at once?
Good choice... I've been running the FRPP version for a couple of years. Just get the axleback. No need for new overaxle pipes.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My Flowmasters are rattling like crazy after owning just 3.5 years. Tried removing and shaking out some of the debris from whatever is disintegrating inside, reattaching (the clamps suck, btw), but no success. Shouldn't they last a bit longer than that?

I bought the aluminized ones first time round. Any advantage in going stainless steel for another $75, or just stick with the cheaper ones?
get a replacement set from Flowmaster. the rattling is a well known problem with a weld that breaks inside the passenger side muffler. if you still have you POF (Proof of Purchase) from the vendor you bought the exhaust kit from from, call up flowmaster, fax the POF and they will send you out a replacement set. Flowmasters are warranty!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.