Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 convertible with red leather seats that are starting to fade. Money is the issue and getting new seats or 500+ covers is not an option the seat are just beginning fade and are not pink yet. I have been thinking of getting a DIY kit similar to the ones here:
Leather Repair Kits .com - Repair Kit. The interesting thing is that I do not believe is totally sun related; the back seats are fine.

Thanks in advance.
D

·
Registered
567 Posts
Talk to a reputable used car dealer about auto detailers. I knew a guy who used a line of dyes that he used to fix fading in cars. He had different ones for synthetics and leather, and a line for carpeting. He is retired now, so I can't get ahold of him, but he used to deal with high end used car dealers.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Old school leather tip. Clean the seats with a solution of Murphys oil soap and then treat them with saddle soap. You will be amazed:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
680 Posts
The reason the back seat looks so good is because it is vinyl, only the front sitting surface ( but & back) is leather. Check the back side of the front seats, I bet they look good also.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your are correct

The reason the back seat looks so good is because it is vinyl, only the front sitting surface ( but & back) is leather. Check the back side of the front seats, I bet they look good also.

You are correct only the front seating surface is fading the back of the seat is fine. Gotta love the build quality but she is she's purty. Also I will try the Murphys oil soap and then treat them with saddle soap.

Thanks All.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.