Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys !!!! IM BACK ! not long ago i posted the thread on the fuel pump issues ! now i have BIGGER issues ... today in the morning i start my car ( everything is working perfect ) get to work ... do an 8hr day ... get out ... my car does not start *** NOTHING .. i have full batt, radio lights all working but not the starter, no cliking noise, my car is stick so i figured * push it and start it * like i have done in many other stick cars b4.. NOTHING ... car doesnt start at all, all that happens is that the wheels lock but no attempt at all to start the engine !!! i had to get AAA to tow my car home today !( 12/31/2008)

thank you in advance guys !

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Have you tried both keys?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I am just throwing this one out there. The clutch switch. The switch that senses that the clutch is depressed before it will start.

That being said, I don't know where it is or how you would test it.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Possibly a loose connection or ground issue with the starter. Has the starter ever been removed?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe someone just doesn't like you at work... lol

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
when you did the push start....you use 1st gear? if so thats why the wheels locked up..always use 2nd gear.
1st is geared to low for push starting.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I normally use the highest gear the car or truck has. It spins the motor easer and faster.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
check this out !!

ok... after realizing my car was not starting i did try to push start it, did check the clutch switch, i did check the ground, did use 2nd gear, and at the end of it all my car ended up in the back of a AAA towtruck... i get home and i post it here and decided to grab my user manual just to see wich was the starter relay and all .... im reading out loud and my girl is there, luckly i start reading the part on the security system in myc ar and it says that if there is any interference btween the chip in the key and the ignition the engine will not start no matter what !!!!!!

at this point my girls makes a really weird face !!.... it ended up that she had used my key to open up a tin foil wrapped lunch and a piece of tinfoil was stuck in the key !!!! so i clean the key ( u really could see the piece unless u knew it was there ) go down to the garage and my car started without a problem .... ( almost killed her )

i know...:hihi:

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
ok... after realizing my car was not starting i did try to push start it, did check the clutch switch, i did check the ground, did use 2nd gear, and at the end of it all my car ended up in the back of a AAA towtruck... i get home and i post it here and decided to grab my user manual just to see wich was the starter relay and all .... im reading out loud and my girl is there, luckly i start reading the part on the security system in myc ar and it says that if there is any interference btween the chip in the key and the ignition the engine will not start no matter what !!!!!!

at this point my girls makes a really weird face !!.... it ended up that she had used my key to open up a tin foil wrapped lunch and a piece of tinfoil was stuck in the key !!!! so i clean the key ( u really could see the piece unless u knew it was there ) go down to the garage and my car started without a problem .... ( almost killed her )

i know...:hihi:
Did you notice that I asked if you had tried both keys :so

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
Wow... I'll have to file this one away for future reference.

... and good call Pete!
Great call Pete. And I would have thanked her, at least she told you. you could have spent a lot more trying to figure that one out.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Great call Pete. And I would have thanked her, at least she told you. you could have spent a lot more trying to figure that one out.
I had a hunch that's what it was because my wife's car wouldn't start one day and the dash lit up with a security message. The funny thing is I called a tow and the tow operator hot wired the starter and it started! Turned out to be a security module that read the key needed to be replaced for $500.00.
Some security.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I had a hunch that's what it was because my wife's car wouldn't start one day and the dash lit up with a security message. The funny thing is I called a tow and the tow operator hot wired the starter and it started! Turned out to be a security module that read the key needed to be replaced for $500.00.
Some security.
That just helps keep the honest people honest. If a car thief wants it he'll get it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.