Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on purchasing a complete exhaust package for my 2006 Mustang GT Auto. The set will include BBK shorty headers, standard mid-pipe, and 304 stainless violators.

How much will it cost to shop install (probably)?

Also, any quick thoughts on the total package/muffler?

Thank everyone again for any responses!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I wouldn't bother with shorty headers. Just buy a new set of axlebacks. Opinions will vary about which axlebacks to buy. See if you can listen to other S197s at car shows or club events. Youtube is another option, but doesn't give the full sound. Some good choices are Stingers from Borla, FRPP, Roush or Steeda, Magnapacks, Bassani street and race, JBA, Boomtubes, MAC, SLP loudmouths, SLP powerflo, SSS, Pypes midmuffler. Any of these axlebacks would be less expensive and IMO sound better than BBK shorties with Pypes violators.

·
Registered
318 Posts
JBA shorties, maganaflow catted x pipe, w/borlas is whats up. have you thought of instal yourself? its not terribly bad

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would say labor will run 800-1200. Headers are a 7-8 hour job plus the rest of the exhaust. Your stock manifolds are about the same thing as shorties, if you want headers do long tubes.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figure I could install the muffler myself. An entire exhaust make over sounds pricey. My mechanic quoted anywhere between 300-600$. Depends on the ease of uninstalling the stock manifolds. Hmm...complete makeover with performance gains...or...new muffler for sound only?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
I figure I could install the muffler myself. An entire exhaust make over sounds pricey. My mechanic quoted anywhere between 300-600$. Depends on the ease of uninstalling the stock manifolds. Hmm...complete makeover with performance gains...or...new muffler for sound only?
Removing the OEM manifolds is not the easiest task.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That seems to be the root problem. I'm ordering Stingers today. I plan on updating the mid-pipes later on (maybe).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.