Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 GT went from 25 MPG average to 17 MPG within a month. The car has no modifications except flowmaster 44's. I hope this topic has not been posted before, I did a search and didn't find anything. Anybody having this problem with mileage dropping?

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey heimsoth, i might look at
the spark plugs and if they are
fine, then maybe it's something
with the oxygen sensors...

if you determine what it is, please follow
up with a post......my mileage
isn't that great either...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't get the car in till next week, hopefully O2 sensors are not too pricey. I think I'm just past the warranty with 37K. I'll definitely follow up when I find out for sure.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the same problem as well! I don't want to take over the thread but would the race tune by bamachips cause it? :p I mean even if I'm not stepping on it? =) Or is it that 1 bottle of octane booster that I used? lol

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I have the same problem as well! I don't want to take over the thread but would the race tune by bamachips cause it? :p I mean even if I'm not stepping on it? =) Or is it that 1 bottle of octane booster that I used? lol
I'd start by cleaning your MAF sensor and throttle body. Then pull the plugs and clean/inspect. Reinstall to 26 lb-ft.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ja ja i think it's just the freaking gas price...... alot of customers feel that there mileage is down specially when price of gas goes up..... i dont know just a friendly advise...

·
Registered
726 Posts
Could be the flowmasters, if you like to here them and on the gas all the time. Or maybe clean or change the air filter if it hasn't been done, check tire pressure.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I'd start by cleaning your MAF sensor and throttle body. Then pull the plugs and clean/inspect. Reinstall to 26 lb-ft.
The MAF that plugs into your CAI tube … just spray and let dry? Same for the throttle body? I haven't had my CAI or MAF sensor off the car in 3 years. I noticed some idle and a bit of surging last night. Very damp and cool weather here for days. THX!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Consider yourself lucky to have had, albeit briefly, the only Mustang GT on the planet that averaged 25 mpg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.