Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday I had 4.10's installed on my stage 2 roush. I noticed an increase in pickup from the hole, which I was happy about. So yesterday I had a High flow x pipe installed and the sound was conciderably louder. BUT, It seems to me that my car is slower. Now I dont know if I am going crazy or maybe it is because the car is so much louder, but I am kind of confused on why it seems to have lost power with the high flow cats. Has anybody else noticed something similar to this or am I losing my mind. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
You could actually be running a little lean on the tune. What other mods have you done?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My total Mods are the Gears the x pipe and an Air Raid CAI. i just started with the mods so I havent gone too far yet. when I got my gears I had to buy a tuner so I have a xcaliber tune. By the smell of the exhaust it smells like it is running a little rich but that could be because the car was cold when I smelled it.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
My total Mods are the Gears the x pipe and an Air Raid CAI. i just started with the mods so I havent gone too far yet. when I got my gears I had to buy a tuner so I have a xcaliber tune. By the smell of the exhaust it smells like it is running a little rich but that could be because the car was cold when I smelled it.
You may have lost a smidge of low-end torque with the new X-pipe. But I don't think it would be enough to feel. Whose tune are you running?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not quite sure what you mean by who, all I know it was an xcaliber sct tuner. Is that what you mean?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mustang Magic, Deer Park, Long Island

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
sometimes you lose a little low and torque when you remove the cats. Not enough to notice I would not think. I have 4:10's and x pipe as well thats a good amount of change to get use to. it gives the car a new attitude.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
sometimes you lose a little low and torque when you remove the cats. Not enough to notice I would not think. I have 4:10's and x pipe as well thats a good amount of change to get use to. it gives the car a new attitude.
But he's still running h/f cats.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys. I took the car for about a 250 mile drive yesterday and it seems to be alot faster now. Maybe it needed a break in period or maybe I am just crazy like I originally thought. But I am now able to break the tires loose at will now. Sorry for wasting everybody's time.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Thanks Guys. I took the car for about a 250 mile drive yesterday and it seems to be alot faster now. Maybe it needed a break in period or maybe I am just crazy like I originally thought. But I am now able to break the tires loose at will now. Sorry for wasting everybody's time.
Could you have got a bad batch of gas?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never though about that. I have filled up twice since the upgrade and it seems alot better now. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will do, thanks.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Just wondering if you left the venturi tube in the Airaid before you tuned the car?

·
Registered
285 Posts
An occasional bottle of Seafoam or Techron is sometimes a good idea.
but seafoaming before about 50k miles probably wont give much results i wouldnt think. would it?

how many miles are on your car btw?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
but seafoaming before about 50k miles probably wont give much results i wouldnt think. would it?

how many miles are on your car btw?
Sure it will. It removes water, cleans valves, upper intake, injectors. I dump in a can about every 5000 miles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.