Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing Steeda Underdrive Pulleys the engine idles about 650 to 700 rpm and it stops charging. Does anyone know how I can adjust the idle RPM. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Use your tuner to bump up the idle speed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, It just stops charging when the idle goes below 700 rpm. All I have to do is just keep the rpm above 750 rpm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I guess I,m going to have to buy a tuner. Is there any way to adjust manualy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe you should get a CAI/tuner package. You won't pay that much more than you would just for the tuner and you can add some significant power while you are at it.

·
Registered
711 Posts
No, It just stops charging when the idle goes below 700 rpm. All I have to do is just keep the rpm above 750 rpm.
How do you know that it "stops charging"? It sounds like you might have a bad rectifier bridge in your alternator. Your alternator should charge no matter what you set the idle speed of the engine to.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
buy a CAI and tune combo then see if that works

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Actually at RPM's lower than 750 it starts draining the battery until I push the throttle and raise the RPM to a minimum of 750 and then the needle starts indicating a normal battery charge. And the car has a new 200 AMP alternator. So it's just a matter of raising the idle about 100 RPM. Is there anyway to adjust the idle manually.:wavey

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Installed a diablo sports predator tune, Raised the idle and problem fixed, Thanks for the info guys. Happy Fathers Day
to all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.