Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to consider what mods I would like to do, without overdoing it.. I have a 2006 Mustang GT, thus far it is entirely stock. I want to swap out all the lights on the car. I would also like to be able to use a usb drive or Mp3 player in my car. I would like the rear window vent. I would like to get more horse power and have better fuel economy. But overall have my car looking less like a bulky car and more sleek looking. I would like to swap out the dashboard and interior door handles for something chrome (As it s the stock black stuff). Any ideas for my car as well as where to get the parts you propose, I would be very grateful for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
704 Posts
It sounds like you got a good lay out going so far! Should be pretty sweet looking when your done. Some good sites to check out are, ameicanmuscle.com they have pretty much everything you need and great customer service plus custom tuning combo deals. other good sites are stage3motorsports.com, mossmuscle.com.

For your quickest performance inprovement you will see check out the CAI and tuner combos from americanmuscle they are amazing.
Are you going to do any exhaust work? there are a lot of sweet things out there to make your car sound like a beast!
Good luck with you car:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like you got a good lay out going so far! Should be pretty sweet looking when your done. Some good sites to check out are, ameicanmuscle.com they have pretty much everything you need and great customer service plus custom tuning combo deals. other good sites are stage3motorsports.com, mossmuscle.com.

For your quickest performance inprovement you will see check out the CAI and tuner combos from americanmuscle they are amazing.
Are you going to do any exhaust work? there are a lot of sweet things out there to make your car sound like a beast!
Good luck with you car:bigthumbsup
I will check those out, thanks! But I cannot figure out how to get the dash off.. I searched for a video.. But could not find one. I wanted to get a better gauge cluster, as I have a very crappy one, only tells me RPM, Speed, Fuel and temp. I wonder if I could find one for sale as well as the whole chrome dash. I am unsure how to do exhaust work, can you recommend one for better fuel economy and horsepower? Also, is there a video specific for my model mustang explaining how it is done? My vision for exhaust would be either keep the same setup, or switch to having it like a Saleen, thus the exhaust being in the centre.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Im not sure about the dash but im sure there are peole on here that can help you! For exhaust Long tubes will give you about 30+ HP after you get it tuned, then you can get a better x pipe/ h pipe and then the saleen mufflers or straight pipes

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
lowering springs will make it look more "sleek". Everybody and their brother makes lowering springs for our cars, so just look around on here and if you see a car that sits just right, ask the owner which springs he/she is using.

youtube is a good source for listing to different exhaust systems to see how they sound. www.americanmuscle.com also has audio clips on many of there exhaust systems.

Definitely check out www.uprproducts.com for their interior upgrade pieces. They are great looking parts with a lifetime guarantee!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
lowering ur car will make u look more sleek
than some long tube headers will make some more HP along with a tuner to go along with that and a cold air intake
and there r a lot of people who do aftermarket gauges or u can look on ebay

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Cold Air Intake and a performance tune would be my first choice, I recommend Brenspeed.com :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cold Air Intake and a performance tune would be my first choice, I recommend Brenspeed.com :bigthumbsup
A bit too pricey right now for a reservist to afford.. :S

I was looking at using the Saleen Gauge cluster..

Cirvini KR hood:

Chrome Dash:

Rear window vent:

Does anyone make a rear fascia that looks like the Saleen one, but does not say Saleen and allows me to put my plate on the fascia? I like the style, as I want my exhaust to be in the centre as the Saleen has. As for the front Fascia, I am not sure what I like yet, ut will continue to look.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
A bit too pricey right now for a reservist to afford.. :S

I was looking at using the Saleen Gauge cluster..

Cirvini KR hood:

Chrome Dash:

Rear window vent:

Does anyone make a rear fascia that looks like the Saleen one, but does not say Saleen and allows me to put my plate on the fascia? I like the style, as I want my exhaust to be in the centre as the Saleen has. As for the front Fascia, I am not sure what I like yet, ut will continue to look.
Well wasnt sure what kind of mods you wanted, I went with some exterior mods first my self, but knowing what I know now I would have gotten a CAI and a performance tune first thing it makes for a whole new car and the difference is simply amazing !!! JMO :yup:

·
Registered
6,457 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well wasnt sure what kind of mods you wanted, I went with some exterior mods first my self, but knowing what I know now I would have gotten a CAI and a performance tune first thing it makes for a whole new car and the difference is simply amazing !!! JMO :yup:
I do not know what you mean.. :confused:

@Sharad I have no idea what those do, or what they even are.. :confused:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I do not know what you mean.. :confused:

@Sharad I have no idea what those do, or what they even are.. :confused:
Your car is pre-tuned down at the factory for gas mileage, shifting points, throttle response ect and comes with a stock air filter. The Cold Air Intake ( CAI ) replaces the stock air filter, the CAI is allowing more air to the engine for more power, the performance tune also releases the power of the engine for better throttle response , shifting points ect, its like having a new car " A beast unleashed as they say ". It is really amazing the difference from stock filter and tune vs CAI and a performance tune , with a performance tuned car the difference is like night and day. I can attest to the power difference of this mod !!!! :yup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have the links for the cheapest purchase of your mod idea? Thanks..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really cannot afford a tuner right now, just the cold air intake.

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
I really cannot afford a tuner right now, just the cold air intake.
If you cannot afford them both now, then i would recommend getting the tuner first and then the cold air intake later. You can get a cold air intake that doesnt require a tune, but its not going to give you near the gains a tune required CAI would.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts